Complaint Review: Helifreak

• Updated: Sat, December 29, 2012

• Reported By: R I — las vegas Nevada United States of America
Helifreak

Helifreak helifreak.com Rip Off !! Scammer !! Beware !! Don't Trust !! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Sorry About That!!!

*General Comment: What a child...

*General Comment: Funny...

*Consumer Comment: From the CEO

*Consumer Comment: awwwww...

*Consumer Comment: Original poster confused

*General Comment: The original reporter is either misguided, or clueless. Helifreak is a RC Helicopter forum, not a merchant.

*General Comment: Helifreak.com is a legitimate, well respected Rc forum

*Consumer Comment: Ridiculous, unfounded report

*General Comment: This report is FALSE

*Consumer Comment: Helifreak is NOT a store of any type.

*General Comment: Is this a joke?

*Consumer Comment: I Totally Agree with the original poster !! Helifreak needs to KNOCK IT OFF !!

*Consumer Comment: Blatant Lie

*Consumer Comment: Helifreak.com is Not a Store

this website is responsible for all corruption on the internet in the rc hobby related category. these people charge the most outrageous prices of any store in the world. they refuse to provide any customer service, they ignore you unless you are a friend of theirs and they treat you as if they are doing you some sort of favor. i have personally received the most un-acceptable service from this website a number of times and i encourage anyone needing any hobby related items to choose a different store. prices are half again as much here than any other store out there. service is slow, you will probably receive the wrong item and dealing with their mistakes is like pulling teeth. their ridiculous forums and report other sellers options are disgusting, inaccurate and encourage people to bash and slam other sellers with no proof of anything. the people that operate this crappy store must need mental help or they would not encourage customers to sign in and begin making smart remarks about anyone and everyone. do not trade with this company or you just might be the very next victim of this childish behavior that these people have come to promote and condone. if you have not yet been laughed at or ridiculed, you soon will if you purchase from these people. if you don't believe this be my guest to check in and view all the fraudulent, assenine blogs that people have by choice left on this site for everyone to see. it is sickening and the people that own this company love it or they would not allow it much encourage it.  there is enough bull shi*and negativity in society as it is without a facility like this encouraging people to make complete asses of themselves and other innocent buyers and viewers. If you choose to go ahead and register for an account with this company then you have no one to blame but yourself when the owners of this site and other sick individules start in on you... and believe me they will.... You can purchase at any number of good websites, they will appreciate your business, you will get the right items and save money to boot.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2012 06:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Helifreak/internet/Helifreak-helifreakcom-Rip-Off-Scammer-Beware-Dont-Trust-Internet-979645. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Helifreak

Sorry About That!!!

AUTHOR: OP - (United States of America)

I'd like to apologize about my original post, the one that started all of this. I decided I needed to take  stock of things. No, I don't mean my life, I mean my pill bottles. I counted them and realized I was missing my Zyprexa. Turns out the bottle somehow got stuck between the couch cushions weeks ago, and I didn't realize it. I should have known something wasn't right when I got into a staring contest with my cat for over 10 hours and it didn't even blink once. It didn't occur to me that it's a ceramic cat, and it was NEVER going to stop staring at me. That's how it won. But, that's really not why I'm writing.

I'm back on my meds now and I regret making all of those bizarre statements about HeliFreak and the people associated with it. HeliFreak is not even a store. I don't know how I got that notion into my head. To be honest, I suspect the cat planted the idea. I'm certain of it, actually. And now the damned thing is eyeballing me again, maliciously, I'm sure.

Anyway, don't pay attention to my rants. It's just something I do now and again. Where did I put those meds?

#2 General Comment

What a child...

AUTHOR: fastone93 - (United States of America)

Anyone who can't see that this whole report was created by an immature child need not visit Helifreak any time soon. I have no idea who created it, but I am sure that they were banned from the site due to rule violations and are quite upset it would seem. I have been a member of this site for years and every now and then you get one of these folks who doesn't like following the rules, get spanked, and then whine about it, Funny...

#3 General Comment

Funny...

AUTHOR: fastone93 - (United States of America)

Helifreak is the place to be if you are a model helicopter enthusiast! This site is dedicated to the hobby, and promotes fun and education at no cost. This site does not sell anything, so it is impossible for this report to be true. This report was most likely made by an individual who broke the rules repeatedly and was banned from participating. One word, Hogwash...

From the CEO

AUTHOR: Will dickhead James - (United States of America)

Hey guys, I know y'all trying to help me out but, we are a merchant and online store. Just checkout my Swag section for some of our great items. I know I don't have the best support yet but Tow Pilot and Bob shithead O is all I have for now.

We don't rip people off, it's our members who do so. I only banned people for telling the truth cause it hurts my pockets. With that said, we have 50% off store wide. Come get your swag while supplies last and if you have an issue, don't call us. I Will "buttonhole" James will like to thank you all for making me lots of money and screw you all haters who didnt have the brains to build a cash machine like I did.

awwwww...

AUTHOR: Helihaven - (United States of America)

What's the matter? Mommy didn't hug you enough as a child?  To be a ripoff, would imply that Helifreak.com sold you something..a good or service..of which it does neither....It provides a place to exchange knowledge about R/C helicopters, FREE OF CHARGE.

It sounds to me like other members, or maybe even the staff, thought you were stupid, and then you made a post along the lines of the drivel you wrote here...and removed all doubt from their minds?

I second the motion, that whoever runs THIS site, should go to helifreak.com and actually check the facts before they allow nonsense like this to even be posted!

The only problem I have ever had with helifreak.com, is that they bend over backwards to allow everyone to speak freely, even idiots like this moron.

helifreak.com username : Helihaven

Original poster confused

AUTHOR: heliphlier - (United States of America)

I am not sure what site the original poster is referencing. HeliFreak is not an on-line store its a web forum for folks that are in the Rc helicopter hobby. HeliFreak is a place to share our advice and experiences related to the models/electronics used in your particular set up. I personally have yet to come across another site related to the RC hobby that offers the compassion and understanding that not everyone is an expert and sometime need a little direction. The article is a bunch of unfounded bologna. I employ anyone to join for free and experience the love for the hobby that HeliFreak has brought me.

#7 General Comment

AUTHOR: 43runner - (United States of America)

Original report has as much value as a pile of dung in a porta potty.

#8 General Comment

Helifreak.com is a legitimate, well respected Rc forum

AUTHOR: kavic5150 - (United States of America)

Helifreak.com is not a "store."

I've been a member of helifreak.com for years now and have nothing but respect for it and the people who manage it.  The overwhelming majority of folks who advertise in the forums are honest people.  As with any Rc forum website there are a very few individuals who are there to scam others.

I find this ripoff report to be totally bogus and most likely filed by someone who was a member on helifreak but was suspended or banned due to rule violations.

Again, Helifreak.com is a FORUM, not a Rc vendor.

Ridiculous, unfounded report

AUTHOR: thrak76 - (United States of America)

Helifreak.com is not a retail e-store of any kind. They do not have a brick-and-mortar presence of any kind either. Helifreak is a forum/message board for radio control helicopter enthusiasts.

Whoever filed the ripoff report is utterly confused, has a personal grievance, or is making a terrible joke. None of these reasons are a basis for fact and/or veracity.

Ripoff report needs more careful screening before allowing facetious reports to be filed.

#10 General Comment

This report is FALSE

AUTHOR: BaconRaygun - (United States of America)

This article seems to be the product of somebodys rage and/or dissapointment and/or harsh feelings associated with a possible banned account.

HeliFreak.com is an RC helicopter forum, geared towards helping newcomers and uniting the general RC Helicopter community.  This site excells in this... it is a close knit community of  peers who do their best to help.

I have been a mamber for over two years and have seen nothing but the best of support and friendlyness from the staff and most users.  Sometimes we get a bad egg, and this seems to be a product of one  of these bad eggs trying to get his/her revenge.

I am not a staff member, advertiser or in any way affiliated with HF... I'm simply a member.  the only scam here is the negativity posted here.

If you are an RC heli enthusiest, or are interested in participating in this great hobby please come on down.   The staff and members will (and always have) do their best to help... Even if it means personally speaking with you on the phone, via email, or even in person.

Regards,
Igor, AKA BaconRaygun.

PS: please pardon my spelling mistakes.  I'm not the best speller and spell check seemto be working on my phone.

Helifreak is NOT a store of any type.

AUTHOR: Jason Pope - (United States of America)

Helifreak offers no services of any type other than a FORUM for RC helicopter Hobbyists to gather to exchange advice and experiences.

This is nothing more than a web forum.
Will James does in fact monitor and police the activities on the boards and it is kept extremely civil and extremely orderly.
bashing of ANY TYPE will get you banned very quickly.

There is a USER for sale/trade section however Helifreak has NOTHING to do with the transactions in there.

There are warnings everywhere to beware of who you deal with.

This is nothing more than a report to hurt our community.

Admins please address this issue.

#12 General Comment

Is this a joke?

AUTHOR: Toot - (United States of America)

Helifreak.com is not a store. It is forum where people who are interested in RC helis converse, swap ideas etc.

There is advertising (the usual players in the RC Heli industry) and people do sell second-hand equipment as per any forum (usually very good bargains can be had)

So I have no idea where this person who wrote this report got there 'facts' from because they are wrong on so many fronts it is actually quite unbelievable.

Ripoffreport.com needs to do some fact checking before allowing people to post utter rubbish.

I Totally Agree with the original poster !! Helifreak needs to KNOCK IT OFF !!

AUTHOR: JJ - (United States of America)

The people at helifreak are a discrace to humanity and need to be banned from the internet Totally !!!!! Profiting from encoraging people to sign in and bash anyone they choose is awful and should NOT be allowed anywhere !!  This type of conduct only stands to fester and is just exactally how people get hurt. People do have feelings and it is unfair to intionally ridicule innocent sellers & website owners for the sole intint of making money and this is what helifreak is all about !

Blatant Lie

AUTHOR: srhcustom - (United States of America)

I am a member of the helifreak.com forum website.
This is not a store and helifreak.com does not sell any products or services. It is an online community where individuals can get answers to RC Helicopter questions or to just discuss RC Helicopters in general.
Helifreak.com does have banner advertisements from online retailers.
The person who posted this report is just flat out lying.

Helifreak.com is Not a Store

AUTHOR: BarryD - (United States of America)

I find it odd that Helifreak.com could have provided you with poor customer service and charged you 150% of the competition, seeing as Helifreak.com is NOT EVEN A MERCHANT. Helifreak is a forum dedicated to connectin people in the radio controlled helicopter hobby. There is nothing to buy from them. They do have sponsors that have banner ads, but they themselves do not sell rc products, at all.

I have to assume you are a "internet presense" company trying to boost the online perception of a company who does sell rc products, that is just lazy, or bad enough at your job that you didn't even bother to go to Helifreak's website before blasting their poor customer service and outrageous prices (for the products the don't sell).

I am in no way affiliated with Helifreak (don't even have a member log in), but if anybody reading this is new to the hobby of rc copters, rest assured that the questions you have that the guy at the hobby shop just rolls his eyes at, have already been asked and answered on Helifreak. It is a valuable tool and has answered many of my questions, and has most surely helped prevent my ignorance from causing untold number of crashes.

Just saw this "report" and had to respond. Hope someone at ripoffreport.com takes up the slack for whoever posted this, actually checks out Helifreak.com, and puts this report where it belongs.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC