Complaint Review: Helig Meyers/ Palisades Collections

• Submitted: Wed, November 12, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, November 12, 2008

• Reported By:anniston Alabama
Helig Meyers/ Palisades Collections
Quintard Ave Anniston, Alabama U.S.A.

Helig Meyers/ Palisades Collections heilig meyers palisades Anniston Alabama

I purchased a used living room sectional from helig meyers in Jan 2000. several months later they went out of business. Shorty after they went out of business I got a notice of payment from palisades collections. The amount of the bill was double than what i owed helig meyers. I owed helig meyers 231.00 when they closed.

I talked with someone there they claim to change to amount but i never got it in written, and they never contacted me after the matter. 2 years a go I went to purchase a car and I was told that i had a balance for helig meyers on my credit. I could not get in touch with any body at palisades.

I desputed it off my credit report. it was taken off. and now here on 11/10/2008 this man call me and tell me that he is a private investigator for helig meyers and if I didn't pay him 600 and some odd dollars, or he can make a settlement with him or something on that day he would have the sheriff department to pick me up and take me to jail. I told him that my job closed and nobodys hiring and me and my kids are living off my unemployment. He asked me why are you not looking for a job. I said I do but no good job is hiring and that is all jobs here in anniston. He told me that I have to make a payment of 52 dollars now i told him to send me some papers showing my balance and who i should pay.

I only wonder how can helig meyers hire a private investigator when they sold my account to palisades collection. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO OR WHAT CAN I DO ???

Shanrie
anniston, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2008 04:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Helig-Meyers-Palisades-Collections/Anniston-Alabama-36201/Helig-Meyers-Palisades-Collections-heilig-meyers-palisades-Anniston-Alabama-390643. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Helig Meyers/ Palisades Collections