Complaint Review: Helig Meyers/Palisades Collections

• Updated: Wed, April 25, 2012

• Reported By: Nancy B. — Culpeper Virginia United States of America
Helig Meyers/Palisades Collections
PO Box 1244 Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey United States of America

Helig Meyers/Palisades Collections Companies being "Out of Business" doesn't stop criminal identity theft Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey

I purchased a washer and dryer through Helig Meyers back in 1996 making the minimum monthly payments. I received a letter l(not sure what year) stating the company had gone out of business, so I contacted an attorney to see if I still owed money to a company that no longer exists. He said if I had not heard from a collection agency in 60 days stating they took over my account prior to the termination of the business, then I do not owe them the money. In 2005 I received a call from collections  for $350. I told them to come and get the washer and dryer because I wasn't paying a company that doesn't exist and a collection agency that never contacted me by mail with all the information in years. They declined. Since 2005, I have received 3 letters from Palisades Collections with different account numbers, different balances owed, and different contact numbers. In 2010, I called the one number and it was a home phone of someone and their child answered the call. Just yesterday I received a letter from Palisades offering an 800 number or web site to pay the balance of $335.08. Not gonna happen. I no longer have possession of the washer and dryer due to it repeatedly breaking down.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2012 08:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Helig-MeyersPalisades-Collections/Englewood-Cliffs-New-Jersey-7632/Helig-MeyersPalisades-Collections-Companies-being-Out-of-Business-doesnt-stop-crimina-873540. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Helig Meyers/Palisades Collections