Complaint Review: Hello Music

• Updated: Mon, September 16, 2013

• Reported By: jth****18 — Snellville Georgia
Hello Music
Internet USA

Hello Music No shipment for paid product. Unable to contact customer support. Internet

I placed an order with this company over five weeks ago on August 10th. This company sends daily emails with "special deals" which occasionally consist of very good prices. This was my second or third order with the company and I've never had issues before. Both of the other orders were very inexpensive single items, though.

The order consisted of three items, an inexpensive set of earplugs, and two different guitar "stomp box" type pedals that cost about $150 each. The entire order was charged to my credit card two days later on the 12th. The earplugs arrived in a reasonable amount of time, in a few days. Their website says "Occasionally some items take up to 3 weeks to ship" so I wasn't concerned.

A second item arrived on August 22nd. I tried this item out and it really wasn't to my satisfaction. The company states that an guaranteed RMA return (minus shipping) can be requested up to 14 days after delivery. I looked around their website but didn't see an obvious phone number, so I contacted their support by email on Sept. 5 to request an RMA and to inquire about the third item which had still not arrived. This is where I began to realize there was trouble.

The email was answered with a standard form email ("we will get back to you in 24 hours"). This was a Thursday. I waited through Friday thinking maybe they were just busy. By Monday I still had not received a response. I sent another email and googled "hello music support phone number" and found a URL with a toll free number listed. I'm not sure if this number is linked anywhere on their site, but I could only find it through google.

I called the number and a cheerful voice revealed their business hours and stated that they were busy helping some of their other "awesome customers". I expected to be put on hold or at least get a voicemail box. NOT. The voice continued to state that sometimes they were busy and may not immediately get back, and that the fastest way to contact them was by email. I was then disconnected.

I've currently emailed 5 times and called probably a dozen times at all hours of the working day. There has not been a single response from their support group either by email or phone. And the phone number ALWAYS goes to the dead end recording. Always. I emailed them on Sept 12th to state that I would be filing this report if I did not at least HEAR FROM THEM by the end of the week. Crickets.

I am stuck and have no recourse other than to hope to get resolution via internet pressure or in small claims court 3000 miles away. I have a $150 item which I can not use, and another missing $150 for an item that I never received. This is not a ton of money. But frankly, consumers deserve better. Even if I take Hello Music at their word that it "occasionally takes up to three weeks to ship", the third item should have arrived a week or more ago. It only takes 3-4 days to ship from California to Georgia by ground. If they were backordered this long the LEAST they could do was take one minute to send me a courtesy email. But frankly, Hello Music's complete lack of customer support tells me that this company doesn't care about their customers at all. Even repeat customers.

In most states it is against the law to charge for merchandise before it is shipped. I was immediately charged for all items even though one item has not and may not ever arrive. So not only do they seem like a borderline scam due to their "phantom" support number and awol support group, they are probably breaking the law as well. I advise EVERYONE to stay away from this company. Their prices are sometimes good, but NOT that good. They are simply not worth the hassle, wait, and uncertainty.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2013 01:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hello-Music/internet/Hello-Music-No-shipment-for-paid-product-Unable-to-contact-customer-support-Internet-1084954. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hello Music