Complaint Review: Help Card - HC Processing Center

• Updated: Tue, September 11, 2012

• Reported By: Bruce — Orange Park Florida USA
Help Card - HC Processing Center
203 E Emma Ave #A Springdale, Arkansas United States of America

Help Card/HC Processing Center HC Processing Center has poor collection practices and discriminates against disabled people. Springdale, Arkansas

9/11/12 Patty, from HC Processing Center, called me at 7:28pm. She asked me why I could not make the payment (it was due on 9/8/12 - 3 days late). I advised I had been in a car accident and now on long term disability. At some point during the conversation she laughed at me. When I asked for a supervisor she said no, but one could call me back. Then she hung up.

I called back at 7:31pm and spoke with Lela. I asked with for a supervisor and she transfered me to Diana. I explained everything to Diana and advised I've been in call center management for 25 years, including collections. I said customers should not be treated this way. She said since I've been in collections before, I should know that it's different than customer service. I advised its not. Customer service is customer service. She said she would listen to the call and call me back. She called back at 7:48pm to tell me that she cannot listen to the call until the agent signs off the phone in about an hour. She called back at 8:42 and said she listened to the call. She apologized and said Patty was wrong. I told her I have closed my account and made a BBB complaint. She told me she was noting my account. She did not try to save me as a customer.

7:52pm I called to cancel account. I spoke with Shannon. Shannon gladly cancelled account. She did not ask me why I was cancelling nor did she attempt to keep me as a customer.

This has got to be one of the worst customer service experiences I have had.  I can't believe Patty told me that if I was on disability I should not have applied for the card. Are disabled people not allowed to apply for a credit card? I was buying a bed to help me sleep due to two back surgeries. I needed the support for my neck and back. Isn't this discrimination against disabled people?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2012 07:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Help-Card-HC-Processing-Center/Springdale-Arkansas-72764-4625/Help-CardHC-Processing-Center-HC-Processing-Center-has-poor-collection-practices-and-dis-939849. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Help Card - HC Processing Center