Complaint Review: Help Guru

• Submitted: Wed, June 15, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, June 15, 2011

• Reported By: damapeg — Ottumwa Iowa Virgin Islands (US)
Help Guru

Help Guru deceived me and took $169.00 out of my bank account , Internet

I thought I was calling Norton technical support. I later found out they misrepresented them selves. They told me for $169.99 I could get technical support for a year and get rid of malware for lifetime.

I was on the phone for 5 hours with this guy and all he did was mess up my computer.I have m.s. and was very tired so I ask if he could call back.He said he'd call tomorrow at 1:00. He did not. I called the following day and talked to a supervisor. I told him what was going on and I wanted my money back. He says no problem I'd get my money in 2 weeks.

In the mean time I tried to use my debit card. My account was locked! They suspected this place was a fraud. Sure enough. Now they're telling me 15-30 days to return my money.  I don't see this happening.
Peggy W
  Ottumwa Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2011 02:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Help-Guru/internet/Help-Guru-deceived-me-and-took-16900-out-of-my-bank-account-Internet-741182. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Help Guru