Complaint Review: Help U Rent

• Submitted: Sun, September 19, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, September 19, 2004

• Reported By:Greensboro North Carolina
Help U Rent
1803 Spring Garden St Greensboro, North Carolina U.S.A.
  • Phone: 336-574-0500
  • Web:
  • Category: Realtors

Help U Rent ripoff Greensboro North Carolina

*Consumer Suggestion: Rip-off businesses count on you to go away without a fight.

I decided to go to the place to help me find an apartment. I was getting declined from many properties. I was told there was a $85 fee. I figured I would pay it because I figured it was guaranteed. The same day I was approved at an apartment that wasn't on there list and decided I didn't need the service anymore. I came to the office and advised the lady what had happened. She advised me to call everyday from monday to friday because if i missed a day I would not receive my money. So i started the process and have my phone bill to prove it. After 30 days i returned to the office with my letter stating everything and a copy of my lease to get a parital refund. Now the company refuses to give me back any of my money. I have called 3 times and I get the run around everytime. It is completely unfair and I desire some of my money back. I did not use the services at all.

Michelle
Greensboro, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2004 02:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Help-U-Rent/Greensboro-North-Carolina/Help-U-Rent-ripoff-Greensboro-North-Carolina-1033988. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Help U Rent

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Rip-off businesses count on you to go away without a fight.

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

Michelle, don't fool around any longer with these people. Go down to small claims court and file a claim. Then, sit back and wait for the court date. Don't call the company. If they call, demand your $85 and court fees. If not, I'll see you in court. If they don't show, you win by default. You collect by paying for a sheriff to take assets or payment out of their register or bank.

No matter how you do this, you will spend a lot of your time, and get nothing to show for it. The rip-off company is counting on you to just go away mad. The choice is yours. Good luck1