Complaint Review: Help U Rent

• Submitted: Tue, July 10, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, July 10, 2012

• Reported By: Jon G — Detroit Michigan United States of America
Help U Rent
Suite D, 111 Pomona Drive, Greensboro, NC greensboro, North Carolina United States of America

Help U Rent services not delivered, no recourse for refund greensboro, North Carolina

My situation is unique in that I was moving to the Greensboro area for graduate school and needed to find housing for me and my dog (a pit bull).  After scouring the internet and calling many places  to see if they would rent to me (I am a homeowner with insurance and more than willing to carry renters insurance with liability coverage), I decided I needed some help.  I was prepared to leave my dog with my brother who had volunteered to watch him for the duration that I was gone, but I called this company and told them the specifics of my situation.  The lady, who sounded very nice, said that they help people find housing for them and their "pits" all the time.  I asked for an example listing, but was told I would have to pay for the complete listing.  Again, I ask if there were actually landlords on the listing that was willing to rent to pit bull owners.  Again, she said yes.  I paid money for the listing.  Called every single landlord listed.  None were willing to rent to me.  Called back up.  Told me they held their end of the bargain in providing me with a list.  Offered no refund.  My point of contention here is not that they didnt provide a list; it is that they specifically told me they had helped people find housing for their dogs and had landlords willing to rent to people in my situation.  Service was not backed up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2012 12:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Help-U-Rent/greensboro-North-Carolina-/Help-U-Rent-services-not-delivered-no-recourse-for-refund-greensboro-North-Carolina-909467. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Help U Rent