Complaint Review: Helping Hands Moving - Will Showers

• Updated: Fri, June 11, 2010

• Reported By: cholyk — United States of America
Helping Hands Moving - Will Showers
Calgary, Alberta United States of America

Helping Hands Moving - Will Showers www.2hmovers.com Quoted for a full move, but they left a garage full of stuff behind. They wanted another $1200 to move the rest. Calgary, Alberta

Will Showers with Helping Hands Moving can not be trusted.  Do not use their services.

I was quoted a full move from Calgary to Smithers.  Will Showers came to my door, looked at everything gave me a quote and told me everything would fit in a 26' truck and if it wouldn't he would send a 32' truck.

2 days prior to the move I called Will Showers with my concerns that my stuff would not fit in a 26' truck.  He confirmed that after everything he saw that it would fit and if it didn't he would either send a larger truck or rent a U-Haul and pull it up there himself.

The day of the move, 3 guys loaded the 26' truck.  4 Hours later, the truck was full and I had a garage full of stuff left over.  We estimated another 6 more feet of truck space.

This is when things got ugly, Will Showers tells me that we can not use the 32' truck as its being used for 2 other jobs in town and that there are no U-Haul trailers in town. [continued below]....
.....  So in order for me to get the remainder of my stuff, he wanted me to pay an additional $1200.00 for a 14' U-Haul, or he could store my stuff in his warehouse until July for "Free" until he could ship it to me on the tail end of another move.

I didn't like either solution, one, he quoted me one price and told me he would make it right if it didn't fit.  Two, he didn't like it when I suggested I would pay the remainder of the balance when I received the remainder of my belongings.  Then he played the moving company's ace in the hole.  I quote "if you don't pay in full, then I turn the truck around"

So, the only choice I had was to move the remainder myself.  Any additional fighting with Will Showers risked that I would not receive any of my belongings.  So I ended up purchasing a 16' auto-hauler.  When I was done, the trailer, and my truck was completely full.  I could not squeeze in a loaf a bread it was so full.

When doing business with Will Showers at Helping Hands Moving in Calgary, Alberta.  Use caution.

Chuck
Calgary, AB

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2010 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Helping-Hands-Moving-Will-Showers/Calgary-Alberta-/Helping-Hands-Moving-Will-Showers-www2hmoverscom-Quoted-for-a-full-move-but-they-left-613064. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Helping Hands Moving - Will Showers