Complaint Review: Helping Hands of America

• Updated: Thu, September 20, 2012

• Reported By: Gary — West Sacramento California United States of America
Helping Hands of America
7612 Jenner Ave New Port Richey, Florida United States of America

Helping Hands of America Falsely claims to be Helping Hands of America (HHA) - real HHA does not have Fl address. New Port Richey, Florida

*Author of original report: Name used is Helping Hands of Hope

This so called charity called me a couple of years ago and sold me some plastic bags worth maybe $15 - $20 for $89.95 ("for a good cause").  I may have neglected to pay and received a letter asking me to pay the bill.   I started to get the feeling that it was some kind of ripoff and ignored the letter.  I recently received a phone call and was convinced that I had to pay up.

I gave the caller a verbal check (check no. and routing info).  He called a few days later and said they needed the actual physical check and gave an address in Florida to send it to.  I then looked up Helping Hands of America, which is a legitimate charity based in Massachusetts.   I called them and they said they have no address in Florida and that should not send them the money.

I have written a letter to them saying that they will not be getting a check for $89.95 from me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2012 12:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Helping-Hands-of-America/New-Port-Richey-Florida-34655/Helping-Hands-of-America-Falsely-claims-to-be-Helping-Hands-of-America-HHA-real-HHA-d-944167. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Helping Hands of America

Name used is Helping Hands of Hope

AUTHOR: Gary - (United States of America)

I was mistaken about the name this company is operating under!  I may have been told that the name was HH of America at one time, but it is apparently called HH of Hope. There is already one complaint about this company on this site.

I found that the company operated in Arizona until the FTC filed a "Complaint for Permanent Injunction and Other Equitable Relief" in May of 2008.  This company in now operating out of Florida.  They have used several different names with the same scam.