Complaint Review: Helzberg Diamonds/HSBC Retail Services

• Submitted: Sun, May 04, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, May 04, 2008

• Reported By:Crystal City Missouri
Helzberg Diamonds/HSBC Retail Services
1825 Swift Avenue North Kansas City, Missouri U.S.A.

Helzberg Diamonds/ HSBC Retail Services I paid the account in full of an agreed upon amount stated by the company representative & I'm still being billed & charged interest & getting harrassing phone calls. North Kansas City Missouri

On 2/11/08 I spoke with a supervisor from Helzberg/HSBC who worked with me in order to pay the account in full. We settled on an agreed payoff amount and it was immediately deducted from my banking account.

This amount included the purchase price of the item because we had the promotional rate of 0% interest for 12 months. I had paid off the item in the 12 month period. I continued to receive bills for all the interest that had accrued during the 12 months. I am still being billed for interest even though I paid off the price of the item in the 12 month period.

The supervisor who gave me the amount to pay off the account should honor that agreed amount and cancel all charges after the payoff date. The credit application was filled out at a Helzberg Diamond store. I did not know that HSBC Retail Services was handling my account. They are dishonest and should never have taken that payoff amount out of my bank account if they were not going to cancel the interest charges that are still accrueing to bring my account to a zero balance.

Crystal City, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2008 06:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Helzberg-DiamondsHSBC-Retail-Services/North-Kansas-City-Missouri-64116/Helzberg-Diamonds-HSBC-Retail-Services-I-paid-the-account-in-full-of-an-agreed-upon-amoun-330494. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Helzberg Diamonds/HSBC Retail Services