Complaint Review: Helzberg Jewelry

• Submitted: Sat, December 22, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, December 22, 2012

• Reported By: Pam — Kansas City Missouri United States of America
Helzberg Jewelry
7210 NW 86th Place Kansas City, MO 64153 North Kansas City, Missouri United States of America

Helzberg Jewelry voids your warranty of jewelry when you don't pay their exorbitant price to repair or resize. North Kansas City, Missouri

I took my wedding band up to Helzberg jewelry by us to see about having it resized size it is too tight now and was very upset by the time we left the store.  When we bought my rings we were told their was a lifetime warranty on the rings if we maintained having them checked yearly.  I had to have a prong repaired when they inspected it, which I understood it to be at their expense if we had it checked yearly.

Then, when I asked about having it resized, because my husband added an additional band to my original set, (so I have 3 rings soldered) they informed me the cost would be over $300 because supposedly they have to separate all 3 bands to reduce size and then reattach.  When I asked what it would cost to reduce a band,  they said it is less money.

When I mentioned taking my ring to another jeweler  to have it enlarged, they told me it would void the warranty. [continued below]....
.....  When I asked how it would void the warranty; because apparently it really is no good, they said, even though the warranty doesn't cover the metal just the stone if it broke or I lost it, they would not "honor" the warranty if someone else increased or decrease the size.

What a pile of dung!  So, I have purchased a knock off ring since and mine is sitting in its case not being worn!  I will Never purchase another item from them again since this is how they honor their warranties and force customers to use their costly services.  Whenever anyone asks where my wedding bands are which are gorgeous, I tell them how Helzberg treats their customers!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2012 11:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Helzberg-Jewelry/North-Kansas-City-Missouri-64153/Helzberg-Jewelry-voids-your-warranty-of-jewelry-when-you-dont-pay-their-exorbitant-price-985904. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Helzberg Jewelry