Complaint Review: Henry's Wrecker Service

• Updated: Wed, September 23, 2009

• Reported By: Sherry Fletcher — Sachse Texas USA
Henry's Wrecker Service
2661 Garfield Ave. Silver Spring, Maryland United States of America

Henry's Wrecker Service Towed My Car Illegaly Will not admit they towed my car Illegally Silver Spring, Maryland

I have just moved to Silver Spring, Maryland to attend law school in DC.  I drove my car to the Doctor Sept. 22, 2009.  The Doctor gave me two different prescriptions to be filled.  He told me to go to two different pharmacies to save me money.  I drove my car to the Rite Aid and dropped off my prescriptions.  I ask the people that worked there if it would be alright while I was waiting on this prescription. Could I walk to the other pharmacy to drop off the other one.  They said it would be fine.

I walk out of the store to my car and I notice the tow driver and I approach him and tell him what I am doing and he smiled at me.  So I go to the other pharmacy drop it off and come back to the Rite Aid and pay for my prescription.  I walk out to get in my car and it is gone.  I have no ideal what has happened.  My car, house key, purse, and computer all gone.

I walk back into the store and they explain to me what might have happened.  The store manager can not believe they had done this to me.  He says he can't help me.  Another company manages the property.  He gives me the name of the lady to call and her phone number.  Her name is Jackie.  He gives me the name of the wrecker service I will need to contact.  Henry's Wrecker Service in Silver Spring.  The manager said he was sure they would help me.

I call the wrecker service and talk to Preston, he says that I am in all the wrong.  I explain to him I had permission to leave my car and I walked up to the Tow driver and told him what I was doing and he smiled. He said you shouldn't have walked off the property.  They told me it would be fine.

My mother called Jackie at the management company.  She stated I was in the wrong the sign states 2 hour parking for customers with no walk offs.  My mother explained to her I was a customer and I did not park my car there to walk off to shop some where else.  I was waiting on a prescription to be filled and I ask the people in the store and I talked to the tow driver.  She said the people in the store don't even know whats going on.  They have no authority of what goes on in the parking lot.  How should I have known that.  She said there is nothing she can do for me.

The wrecker driver would not known that was my car if I wouldn't have walked up to him and told him.  He set me up for his commission for the day at my expense.  Smiled at me knowing he was fixing to tow my car.  How can this be right.

I feel the owe me an apology, and I should be refunded my money.  This should never happen to anyone else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2009 11:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Henrys-Wrecker-Service/Silver-Spring-Maryland-20910/Henrys-Wrecker-Service-Towed-My-Car-Illegaly-Will-not-admit-they-towed-my-car-Illegally-S-499241. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Henry's Wrecker Service