lying

• Submitted: Thu, July 16, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, July 16, 2009

• Reported By:Seguin Texas
Hercules Moving Systems
www.herculesmovingsystems.com Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Hercules Moving Systems Don't believe a word this company tells you on the phone Los Angeles California

My daughter recently went through a divorce in California and decided to return to Texas with her two daughters. She contacted Hercules Moving Systems for a quote. They did not send out a representative to look at her stuff but got a list from her. The saleslady estimated it to be 515 cubic feet. My daughter told her she thought it was more than that but the saleslady insisted she was correct. The quote for 515 feet was $1800. After reviewing the contract my daughter again called and asked her to increase the cubic footage to about 650 because it would cost more to add stuff at time of loading. She again refused but unfortunately my daughter agreed to the terms thinking that the saleslady probably knew more than she did.

She was given a pickup date which worked well with her traveling plans. When the date arrived no one showed up and when she called she was told it would be three days later. She could not postpone her travel plans since she had job interviews scheduled. While on the road to Texas she received a call from the driver saying that it might be about $500 more than quoted. At that point she had no other option so she agreed. Later that day a friend who was checking on the movers called and said everything was loaded but the price was now $3100. The driver never called to get her approval.

At that point I started sending emails and calling the company. After several conversations I was basically told if I didn't like it, tough. They claimed that my daughter underestimated her possessions and she actually had 856 cubic feet. After getting absolutely no satisfaction, I grew tired of fighting them and informed them that I was going to pay their price but I would do everything in my power to put them out of business. I told them that I would be contacting the Attorney General in California, every congress member, the Governor etc etc and I slammed down the phone. About 10 minutes later I received a call back from them stating that the boss didn't want all that trouble so they were going to back off. I was told that my balance due at time of delivery would be $1001.50 which brought the total to $2101.50. I agreed to that and sat back waiting for delivery. Their contract says delivery would be made 10-14 days after pick up and they took every last second of it.

Upon arrival, the driver informed us that we owed $1800 at which time I exploded. After 2-3 minutes he said he wasn't going to put up with me raising my voice at him and he was leaving with my daughter's belongings. He locked himself in his truck and apparently was talking to his boss. At the same time, we were on the phone with his office and to make a long story short, they agreed to take $1600 or the truck would take off and hold my daughter's stuff until we paid up.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY as they are scam artists!!!!

Ron
Seguin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2009 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hercules-Moving-Systems/Los-Angeles-California/Hercules-Moving-Systems-Dont-believe-a-word-this-company-tells-you-on-the-phone-Los-Angel-470439. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hercules Moving Systems