Complaint Review: Herff Jones

• Reported By: loulou — Asheville North Carolina
Herff Jones

Herff Jones Horrible Customer Service... Why are they in business? Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Response to Cap&Gown/ Announcement Complaint

The DAY that my college sent me the information to order cap & gown and announcements for graduation I immediately went online and placed my order. After waiting a few weeks I finally decide to track my order since nothing had shown up yet. The cap and gown took about 3 weeks to ship (I guess it's difficult to pull a size off a shelf and put it in a package to ship), but I was also shocked that they charged me close to $15 for fed ex shipping. I sent a message to their customer service dept requesting an update and they just sent me a fed ex tracking number for the cap and gown; nothing about the announcements.

So what do I do - I have people to invite and NO invitations or announcements. I called and spoke to a customer service rep and she said that they were "in production" and could not be cancelled but that I would recieve them in.... ready for this?  3 MORE WEEKS - after my graduation. I asked to cancel and she bluntly said "no, it's too late to," so I asked to speak to her manager / supervisor and she said "No, she just got on the other line" (major attitude). Well, that's fine - I have a speaker phone and will be happy to hold. After 22 MINUTES of holding they threw me in a voice mail, never even bothered coming back to the line.

I'm now ordering my announcements elsewhere and the only way I can combat this whole thing is just to refuse the charge on my credit card. I've also notified my college of this issue.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2013 11:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Herff-Jones/internet/Herff-Jones-Horrible-Customer-Service-Why-are-they-in-business-Internet-1043414. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Herff Jones

Response to Cap&Gown/ Announcement Complaint

AUTHOR: Customer Service - ()

On behalf of Herff Jones, please accept my sincere apology for the insensitive handling in addressing your needs during this major mile stone in your life. Although this is no excuse for poor performance on our part this is not characteristic of what Herff Jones stands for. Herff Jones has been supplying graduation products for over 90 years and takes pride in providing quality products and service.

Please be assured that each area that we failed to meet your satisfaction is being addressed. Steps are being taken in manufacturing as well as customer service to prevent any re-occurrence of problems such as these.

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you directly in regard to this matter and a chance to make it right. You may contact me at 800-837-4235 and ask to be connected to the Director of College Customer Service.

Again, please accept our apology for not having met your expectations.