Complaint Review: Heritage Acceptance Corporation

• Reported By: Havoc — MILLERBURG Indiana
Heritage Acceptance Corporation
118 S 2nd St Elkhart, Indiana USA

Heritage Acceptance Corporation Rude and a Rip Off Elkhart Indiana

*Consumer Comment: Re: Well...

*Author of original report: Well...

*Consumer Comment: What should you do?

*Consumer Comment: Not so horrible

Heritage Acceptance is a horrible finance company.  Having been in desperate need of a vehicle in 2007 and being broke at that time, I purchased a 1997 Chevy Blazer.

Two weeks after I got it (if that), the fuel pump went out.  I didn’t realize that was the issue so drove it a little longer before calling them.  It would die at intersections or while driving.  When I called them, they agreed to fix it for me so I took it to one of their shops in South Bend, Indiana.  It took them several days to fix as they were only approving them to use refurbished fuel pumps.  Finally after two failed attempts, they put a “new” one in and I got it back.

Within a couple weeks, it was dying on me again.  I called them and was told I could take it back to the same shop in South Bend.  But I lived and worked in Elkhart and one of the shops they used was right up the road.  They refused to let me use the local shop and insisted I take it back to the shop from before.  After many go-rounds about this, I decided I wasn’t going to waste my time on this any longer.  They were the most rude company I have ever dealt with.  I purchased a new car at a local dealer with the help of a co-signer, dropped off the Blazer in the Quick Auto parking lot with the keys and called them to let them know it was there.  A VOLUNTARY repossession.

This was August 2007.  I have received no traceable correspondence from them but 6 years later they are coming after me for over $8400 for a vehicle that was again sold at auction.

Do NOT use this company for any financing.  They are rude, harassing, and a complete rip off.  A friend of mine interviewed there and was asked if he could be rude to customers when calling for payment.  Basically, they tell their employees to be harassing and rude.  They are financing crap vehicles to people who are struggling to make ends meet as it is.  They are taking advantage of people and praying on the people who need help the most.  Since this time, I have paid off my 2007 vehicle, obtained great credit, and purchased a new one with no consigner.  On my credit, this vehicle shows closed status.  This place is a nightmare!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2013 06:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Heritage-Acceptance-Corporation/Elkhart-Indiana/Heritage-Acceptance-Corporation-Rude-and-a-Rip-Off-Elkhart-Indiana-1057834. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Heritage Acceptance Corporation

Re: Well...

AUTHOR: Empire - ()

You said it yourself:

"It's not their financing that's the problem.  It's their tactics and treatment of people who are already in need of help."

To that I ask, where's the rip-off? This is ripoffreport.com; seems to me you should be posting this complaint on Facebook or similar.

Hertitage is not in the business of being nice to you. That's what your family and friends are for.

AUTHOR: Havoc - ()

I am not an idiot. I realize I was in default and if I am to pay that (almost 6 years after the fact), so be it.  I did what I had to do.  I am not disputing that.  But as a single mom, I needed a dependable car to get to work to support my child.  The first time they had it, they had it a week.  At that time I was not in any default.  My payments were current.  They were impossible to work with and very rude when I tried to work out a way to get the vehicle fixed to where it wouldn't break down on me in mid-trafffic and not cause me to miss a week of work just because I was out a vehicle but they were rude and that's being mild.

They do not need to curse, harrass, or yell at customers to a point where they make them cry.  That is inhumane.  It's not their financing that's the problem.  It's their tactics and treatment of people who are already in need of help.  If the people who use them were rich and could afford it, they wouldn't have gone to places like Quick Auto in the first place.  If I'd been behind in payments when asking them for help, maybe working with me would have been more difficult but until I dropped the vehicle off to them, I wasn't behind in payments.  So, while I appreciate the financing, I didn't appreciate being treated like a subhuman piece of crap.

What should you do?

AUTHOR: Empire - (USA)

Pay off the loan. Insist that your son help you. Get a second job. Get a third job. It's that simple.

Nowhere in the contract does it say that the lender is obligated to work with you. That's not why they're in business. They're in business to lend money and make money. Period. There's no rip-off here.

Not so horrible

AUTHOR: coast - ()

"Heritage Acceptance is a horrible finance company."

They weren't so horrible when you were "in desperate need of a vehicle" but now it's different since you defaulted on the loan.