Complaint Review: Heritage Family Library

• Submitted: Wed, March 28, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, March 28, 2007

• Reported By:Hixson Tennessee
Heritage Family Library
2451 Atrium Way Nashville, Tennessee U.S.A.

Heritage Family Library ripoff Sent a book I did not order and a bill after I returned the book Nashville Tennessee

Last summer I ordered some books through a door-to-door college student saleswoman, I think from Nelson Publishing Co in Nashville. I don't usually do this, but the girl was a very bright student from Bulgaria majoring in International Trade. Being also Bulgarian, I wanted to help her.

I don't recall that the order form signed me up to receive any further books, but a few months ago a package arrived from Heritage Family Library. It was a Young Peoples Atlas and a bill. I opened the package and realised it had to do with the books I purchased last summer. I didn't need it and sent the package back on Febr. 13, '07, a week after I received the book, paying the postage. I also enclosed a letter asking them to remove my name from their mailing list and to delete my account.

On March 27 '07, I received another bill for the Atlas. I was upset and began to search for similar cases on the web. Unfortunately, I found many, among which your website, and am grateful for all the comments and suggestions. I am posting this report and will call the company asking them again to remove me from their mailing list.

I was also discusted with the way the company treated these foreign students who were selling the books. The company brought the students from Bulgaria, gave them a bike, a cell phone and a map and told them to find a place to sleep and sell books. None of the ones I met have ever been in the US before, knew very little about the country, the neigborhoods, the food, the laws, etc. Nevertheless, they were happy to do the work for almost no pay after reimbursing the company for the airplane ticket. I wonder how many young people got in serious trouble as a result of this.

I hope if enough people post their reports, this and other companies with similar practices will make some changes and not waste people's time, money and energy to resolve such problems.

Hixson, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2007 01:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Heritage-Family-Library/Nashville-Tennessee-37230/Heritage-Family-Library-ripoff-Sent-a-book-I-did-not-order-and-a-bill-after-I-returned-the-241202. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Heritage Family Library