Complaint Review: Heritage Web Design

• Submitted: Tue, January 22, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, January 30, 2008

• Reported By:Pottstown Pennsylvania
Heritage Web Design
1460 North Moonriver Drive Provo, Utah U.S.A.

Heritage Web Design makes $700 plus $360 in hosting fees for bait & switch website Provo Utah

*Author of original report: Heritage Web gave me my graphic

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Heritage values good customers!

I paid Heritage Web Design $700 last February to create a NEW site for my candle business. They are in the "top 1%" so I figured they must be good, right? NOT!!! Once they have your money, forget it. For $700 I got a copy of the site that I myself created with some pink background and a candle graphic. I sent them a box, yes mailed them information, including pamphlets, brochures, pictures, candles, soaps, etc., (approximately $50 worth of product) hoping it would help create the mood for my site. Well, the receptionist 'supposedly' stole the samples because my designer never received it. Since she never received the box she built a site that had a black background and flowers?

I emailed my 'account manager' and he just switched designers. So, in MAY my site was finally up and running and I was SUPER disappointed. It was nothing like what I had explained to them. I felt powerless because from that point on they have been so rude to me. Anyway, I built my own site and have one more month with this company stealing my $30 to host a site I haven't used since last July.

BEWARE! They will steal your hard earned money and treat you like crap.

Pottstown, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2008 05:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Heritage-Web-Design/Provo-Utah-84604/Heritage-Web-Design-makes-700-plus-360-in-hosting-fees-for-bait-switch-website-Provo-U-302249. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Heritage Web Design

Heritage Web gave me my graphic

AUTHOR: Tina kachmar - (U.S.A.)

Just wanted to update anyone reading this that Heritage Web released the content of my site which prompted me to leave the above warning. So, the problem has been resolved. I'm not going to add anything negative to my comment, but I, personally, would not use their service again.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Heritage values good customers!

AUTHOR: Brad - (U.S.A.)

Heritage Web Solutions values all of its customers, especially those who have voiced complaints. It is in our best interest to work with these customers to reach a reasonable and fair resolution. In most cases Heritage tries to go beyond what is fair for the company and errors on the side of the upset customer.

Words cannot express how truly sorry we are for some customers who, no matter what we do, are never truly satisfied. This is especially disheartening, as Heritage has the solid reputation of providing excellent customer service.

Some customers, as illustrated on this complaint website, have resorted to airing their grievances on the public Internet, in hopes of resolving their particular complaint. We do all that we can to help meet a fair resolution to their satisfaction.

However what becomes unfair to us, are those customers who we feel have received everything they have asked for, and more, but then take it upon themselves to have an ongoing vindication against Heritage. To us, there is nothing more we can do to satisfy them. They are who they are. Vindictive and angry people do more harm to themselves than they think they are doing against a company. It is sad but true.

Heritage Web Solutions, with a customer base of over 10,000, receives less than one half of one percent in complaints. That is an impressively low number compared to the standards of today. We certainly would like to have zero complaints, but that is just not realistically possible. There will always be those people who cry foul, no matter what.

What you don't see on this complaint website are all the positive emails and letters we receive daily from customers who are extremely happy with the service and work we have provided for them.

Heritage Web Solutions is a good, solid custom web design and hosting company that has an excellent rating with the Better Business Bureau and the Utah State Department of Commerce. We are ranked in the top 1% of web hosting companies in the United States and have recently been recognized by Inc 500.

If you feel that Heritage Web Solutions is not taking care of you, I would invite you to contact me at my personal email address at ceo@hwsinet.com, and I will personally follow up on your issue.

Warmest Regards,