Complaint Review: Heroes-inflatables-characters & concessions

• Updated: Fri, August 14, 2009

• Reported By: anonymous — high desert California USA
Heroes-inflatables-characters & concessions
unk hesperia, California United States of America

Heroes-inflatables-characters & concessions - Heroes bounce house rentals - heroes jumpers - heroes high desert heroes inflatables - Emmanuel Manahan If you are trying to plan the perfect party, don't hire them. It's just not worth the headache. I contacted them to verify several times, showed up 1/2 hour after party started with wrong product. Hesperia California

Heroes-Inflatables-Characters & Concessions

I began planning my son's birthday party two months before the date. I will admit, I wanted the party to be entertaining and care-free for all my guests, so I wanted to make sure I payed attention to details.

I have no experience with jumpers. A friend of mine told me about inflatable water-slide bounce house combo jumpers, and I thought that would be perfect for a summer birthday party.

With phone book in hand, I called all the bounce house rental places and asked for the same thing, "a water-slide- bounce house combo jumper." After getting price quotes, I decided on Heroes-Inflatables-Characters & Concessions. I am told I can keep the jumper all day, even over-night if my back yard is fenced.

I searched the internet for any reviews or rip off reports for him (Emmanuel Manahan) or the business. I found nothing.

He sent me a picture of the rental to my email (after asking 3 times). I know nothing about jumpers, but the picture has a bounce house with a slide and I am feeling confident. He is very polite and seems like a nice guy.

I call to confirm the night before the party. I am assured he will be there 2 hours before the party begins.

He arrives 30 minutes after the party begins.

The day of the party, I have 20+ children under 7 in swimming wear waiting for the water-slide in 100 degree weather for over 30 minutes while he is slowly setting up the inflatable. I didn't spend 2 months planning the perfect party to have my guests welcomed by this scene.

Then he informs me that this is NOT a water-slide. I was very angry at this point. He tells me that since he was late he will let me keep the product until 8 that night. (I don't understand how this was supposed to make me feel better. I was told I could keep the product overnight if I wanted) Now he was making me feel as if I was being charged by the hour instead of by day.

He also, says that he sent me a picture, and this is my fault because I knew what I was getting. He did send me a picture, this is true, but it looked like a water-slide to me. It was a giant slide. I had no clue.

In the end, he did apologize for being late and for the misunderstanding. He did give me a huge discount, and we sprayed the slide with water so the children used it as a water-slide anyway. I understand that everyone has bad days.

The bottom line is this: It was a disaster. All the planning I did to have a wonderful party for my guests, was destroyed. The water-slide was the main focus of the party. If I could do it all over again, I would hire someone else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2009 04:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Heroes-inflatables-characters-concessions/hesperia-California-92345/Heroes-inflatables-characters-concessions-Heroes-bounce-house-rentals-heroes-jumpe-480110. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Heroes-inflatables-characters & concessions