Complaint Review: Hertz Car Rental

• Reported By: D.J. Radebaugh — Taylorsville Kentucky United States of America
Hertz Car Rental
Dallas-Fort Worth Airport Dallas, Texas United States of America

Hertz Car Rental Deceptive Business Practices by Hert Car Rental Dallas, Texas

I flew into Dallas on 1/10 for business. My company arranged the rental but I had to put it on my credit card. There was a line behind me at the counter. I was given a contract and asked to initial several items on the contract before I could get my car. I was not given time to READ all the fine print in the contract due to the line behind me waiting for service from one CS rep. I rented for five days and turned the bill in to my company, who refused to pay a $25.00 fee which was an extra charge for satellite radio. At no time was I told the car was equipped with this and there would be an additional charge. I was not given the opportunity to decline and request another car without the radio. When I called Hertz to ask the charge be removed from my credit card, I was told I had signed a valid contract. I spoke to Betty who is one of the rudest Customer Service reps I have ever spoken with. I feel that this company is deceptive and that consumers should be INFORMED as to what they are initialing. especially when it involves additional charges beyond the daily rate. When you are in a long line in a strange city, you do not slow down the rental process by standing and reading a contract word by word. I travel often and I can assure you that I will never rent from Hertz again.

PS: I am a 63 year old woman and unfortunately, I do not even know what a satellite radio is, so why would I agree to pay for it.  I think Hertz needs to clean up its act!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2010 04:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hertz-Car-Rental/Dallas-Texas-/Hertz-Car-Rental-Deceptive-Business-Practices-by-Hert-Car-Rental-Dallas-Texas-567568. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hertz Car Rental