Complaint Review: Hertz Car Rental

• Submitted: Wed, October 05, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, October 05, 2011

• Reported By: Nick — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
Hertz Car Rental
14501 Hertz Quail Springs Parkway Oklahoma City, Oklahoma United States of America

Hertz Car Rental Avoid Hertz !!! No Customer Service Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

*Consumer Comment: Did you actually incur a traffic or parking violation?

Hertz mailed me a notice on 7/10/2011 charging me a fee of $30.00 to supply
my information to The Toll Roads Violation Department of Irvine,CA. This
fee is exorbitant and I want my $30.00 credited back to my account
immediately. I can not believe that after doing business with Hertz for 6
years (corporate account) that they would try to gouge me. I am a current Gold member and former
Presidents circle member. In the past I have received cars that were
equipped with EZPass so I had no idea of this excessive potential fee.  I have options at
every airport I visit, they are not the only game in town. I can not believe
this is the way they treat loyal customers.

I sent an email to Hertz on 8/10/2011. I received a form letter responce on 9/06/2011 stating: The $30 is an administrative processing fee and is separate from the violation itself.  The processing fee covers the cost associated with processing the citation information including data entry, renter identification, and any administrative and/or collection fines and fees.

Is Hertz seriously stating that it costs them $30 to look up my name in their system???  I sent a response back the same day stating that this is unacceptable. I have yet to receive a reply.

On 10/5/2011 I called to voice my concern. The representative basically just re-read the statement in the email and kept reiterating that per my contract they have a right to charge the fee and that it will not be refunded.

Hertz was a good company with great customer service at one point.....that day is long gone. Hertz is willing to loose a long-term customer over $30 !  They could care less about their customers. I will be renting elsewhere and asking my company to consider a contract with another rental car provider.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2011 08:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hertz-Car-Rental/Oklahoma-City-Oklahoma-73134/Hertz-Car-Rental-Avoid-Hertz-No-Customer-Service-Oklahoma-City-Oklahoma-784916. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hertz Car Rental

Did you actually incur a traffic or parking violation?

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

If so, then I don't see the ripoff. I assume all their terms and conditions in the rental agreement spell out what they're allowed to charge in such cases.

You didn't give enough info. Whether you got a ticket for anything or not is an important factor here.