Complaint Review: Hertz Car Rental

• Reported By: Mick — Baldock, UK Other
Hertz Car Rental
Orlando Airport Orlando, Florida USA

Hertz Car Rental Undisclosed addons and direct lies. Orlando Florida

I had a prepaid car to pick up from Orlando Airport. Paid for in the UK with insurance and should have been nothing extra to pay.  My card was swiped at the Hertz check in and I was told that the amount on the receipt was just a retainer payment and would be fully refunded on return of undamaged vehicle.

When I returned vehicle after the two week holiday I was charged $204 dollars for two insurance policies I did not know that I had apparently agreed to. Even though I was told face to face when I checked in that there was nothing to pay on top of the prepaid amount.

When I complained the rather condescending woman at the desk told me there was nothing I could do as I had signed the contract. My brother in law was with me throughout this as he was picking up another vehicle. He was charged the same also and told the same lies about there not actually being a charge on top of the prepaid amount.

Very unhappy about being treated this way, and particularly shocking after two weeks of very helpful and gracious American hospitality.

I am not sure what lesson I have learnt from this experience as I had got used to trusting retailers in the US. But I will be actively warning people to stay away from Hertz from now on.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2014 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hertz-Car-Rental/Orlando-Florida/Hertz-Car-Rental-Undisclosed-addons-and-direct-lies-Orlando-Florida-1140755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hertz Car Rental