Complaint Review: Hertz Car Rental

• Submitted: Wed, April 07, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, April 07, 2010

• Reported By: angryconsumer — Lakewood Colorado United States of America
Hertz Car Rental

Hertz Car Rental Deceptive sales practices - non disclosure of extra fees Internet

I rented a car from Hertz, paying the charges at the time of reservation on the internet.  Three days after I had returned the car an additional charge of $49.29 appeared on my credit card.  When I called Hertz to find out what that was for since I had already prepaid for the rental, they told me it was for the additional driver to the car.

As this was a vacation and I was traveling with my 45 year old sister (I am 52), the counter rep asked me if my sister would also like to be a driver.  I said yes.  She did not state to me then that there was ANY additional charge for this.  The contract that I signed does not reflect the additional charge either.

When I tried to get Hertz to remove the extra charge stating that it was a fraudulent charge to my credit card, their representative, Leah, #7861, pretty much laughed at me.  She did offer to waive half the fee.  Obviously, Hertz has had some prior trouble regarding fraudulent charges if they have authorized their agents to try to make a settlement.

This is such a deceptive trade practice!  They KNOW they are behaving in a fraudulent manner because they have agents ready and able to waive half the charge - hoping they will just go away.  This charge was not verbally expressed to me nor appeared in my written contract.  I am proceeding with a theft charge by Hertz to my credit card account.  It was not authorized, thus it is fraudulent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2010 11:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hertz-Car-Rental/internet/Hertz-Car-Rental-Deceptive-sales-practices-non-disclosure-of-extra-fees-Internet-590497. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hertz Car Rental