Complaint Review: Hertz Rental Car

• Updated: Sat, August 23, 2014

• Reported By: TDC — North Ridgeville Ohio
Hertz Rental Car
Nationwide USA

Hertz Rental Car Erroneous reservation, price switching.... Boston Massachusetts

BEWARE of HERTZ. In an effort to rent a car in Boston, MA (Logan International airport) I soon discovered both how incompetent and untrustworthy HERTZ is as a company. For example, they said I could pick up my rental at an off-site location (Park Hotel) at 11PM . I called a few days later to confirm my reservation and to my SURPRISE was told that this off-site HERTZ location is NOT OPEN at 11PM - that in fact, the HERTZ employee unethically overrode the reservation system to “get the reservation booked ”  notwithstanding the fact  I would have been standing in the dark at 11PM -- with no car nor hotel... .

Next, when I brought this to the attention of the Manager at the Park Hotel location he also was surprised, and gave me a "special pricing" as a way of apologizing. Again, a few days later I also discovered - (surprise again!!) that this pricing was for “friends and family” only and I would have to contact the manager again, because the price had changed. The manager told me the "rules" recently changed and the "regional manager" said the INCREASED price would now apply.  I told him that now the best price I would pay is "gratis." So, that is there best effort to assist a customer!

I finally went to BUDGET and received an upgrade and better price than HERTZ ever offered me. Morale of the story - BEWARE of booking with HERTZ or you may sadly SURPRISED!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2014 05:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hertz-Rental-Car-/nationwide/Hertz-Rental-Car-Erroneous-reservation-price-switching-Boston-Massachusetts-1171754. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hertz Rental Car