ED Magedson – Founder
Hertz Rental Car, Select State/Province USA
Hertz Rental Car hertz rental car private toll road scam Dallas Texas
Hertz rental car bills your credit card for almost invisible toll roads and adds huge adminstrative fees.
It seems like synchronized corruption to steal from hard working people that dare to travel.
1. Poorly marked toll roads without booths or ways to turn around.
2. Unclear small print rental argreements about toll road billing
3. Hidden devices in your car that track vague tolls
4. Hertz never lost system that sends you to private toll roads partnered with Hertz
5. Huge fees and DMV penalties for jumping tolls you never new existed
6. Hertz handing your credit card number out to be billed by other companies.
7. Everything automated behind the scenes so charges and DMV penalties apply before
you even have time to react.
8. Poor customer service from the toll roads and hertz so you can't research bills.
These are cases I read about why trying to figure out what happened to me.
In my case I had a $19.80 hertz adminstrative fee for taking a toll road for just a few minutes. I never
even knew I went on a toll road until I received my bill. I did not do anything wrong. I did not jump a toll.
All did was take my rental car from the airport a short distance to the hotel.
My advice is:
1. Don't rent from Hertz
2. Research the area in the USA you are visiting to see if the state allows private owned toll roads. Plan your trip to avoid this scam. Unless you want to pay $19 in adminstrative fees in addition to toll road fees to save time on your drive.
3. Please don't pay the fee from Hertz as it should be illegal. Fight it like me on principal.
I do realize some states allow private toll roads to alleviate traffic. I do realize private toll road companies want machines not toll booth operators.
However, these companies want profit first and that means.
1. Credit card number sharing and most likely profit sharing with Hertz
2. Poorly marked toll roads with no way to turn-around
3. An incentive to give kick backs to government officials to establish DMV penalty linking. (I am not stating this is done but the incentive exists).
4. No transparency from Hertz or Toll roads operators and poor customer service.
You have been warned...wish someone had warned me. We need solutions to our nations traffic jams. I suggest we go with the google car or other smart
cars or other smart ideas besides letting Hertz scam us.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2014 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hertz-Rental-Car/Select-StateProvince/Hertz-Rental-Car-hertz-rental-car-private-toll-road-scam-Dallas-Texas-1129043. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.