Complaint Review: Hertz Rental Cars

• Reported By: Tired of it — LAX California
Hertz Rental Cars
Internet USA

Hertz Rental Cars Hertz Rental Cars Hertz Corporation US

I WILL NEVER RENT ANYTHING FROM HERTZ AGAIN! I rented a car to drive from the San Diego airport to LAX. I had the car one day drove it 129 miles. I filled up the tank of gas on Centurey BLVD at 7:22am drove the car 1 mile and returned it at 7:31 am. The car was checked in by an attendant who verified everything including the gas tank being full. Two weeks later I receive a letter stating the car was 7.2 gallons short on gas and they charged my credit card TEN dollars a gallon for a grand toatl of $ 72.45!

I called customer service and they were RUDE and told me dispute it with my credit card company. Basically their rental agreement allows them to charge me for anything they feel is needed. If I don't pay, it will go to collection.

I asked why they have an attendant checking their cars in, if they check the gas tank as full and give me a receipt stating so doesn't matter. She told me she was not the one who checked it in and she is not going to argue with me about it.

I asked to speak to her supervisor and she told me she was as high as "I" could go.

THIS IS AN OBVIOUS ABUSE OF POWER!

I am also looking for any big name bloggers or sources for coverage, I have my receipts proving everything above.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2013 06:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hertz-Rental-Cars/internet/Hertz-Rental-Cars-Hertz-Rental-Cars-Hertz-Corporation-US-1063336. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hertz Rental Cars