Complaint Review: Hertz

• Submitted: Tue, October 09, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, October 12, 2012

• Reported By: Don''t want to be a victim again — Nationwide United States of America
Hertz
Hertz North Clarendon, Vermont United States of America

Hertz Mary (she will not tell me her last name) At hertz 674 Quaker Rd , queensbury, NY 12804 Rude lie steal thief outrageous crimInals in cahoots disappointing hertz management team are scam artists North Clarendon , Vermont

*Author of original report: The owner Bill Barret is a swindler

They also go by the name advantage / hertz. Maybe because they will take advantage.They are thieves! Only One guy was working there. I rented a car to go from vermont to california. We just cashed our paychecks  to pay for the rental car and gas. I asked the one advantage hertz agent there if  I could pay cash since I had it on me, even though he requiredy debit card info for the rental. He quickly accepted. I returned the car as expected one week later and on time. 3 months later I see a whopping $917.00 charge in my checking account. I call advantage/ hertz they call me a liar saying I never paid them we don't take cash? ( well you took mine very quickly!) It was that mans word against mine so I asked them to review their video / security tapes to prove i paid him in cash. When I said that each person I spoke to slammed the phone on me. It's hard to believe a company would steal from a person this blatantly. They will not review there video tapes !  If they do they will have to  reimburse me for double charging me.  This is a criminal company. If yelp allows me to give you an update later I will let you know the end result of them trying to blatantly steal from me. Almost $2000 total they stole from me and I'm in shock! I also spoke to a very unpleasant woman named Mary at the corporate office who slammed the phone on me saying I just don't want to pay them. Oh really you took my cash 3 months ago and now just charged me again through my bank 3 months later again.  By the way the address of this bad branch is

1002 Airport Road, North Clarendon  Update : I called the hertz corporate  number begining with 518- area code  and spoke to a person named Mary.She is one of the rudest people I've spoke to useless and no help what-so ever. I just called that supervisor named Mary (on october 9th at 9:28 am)to ask to please give me her last name she refused to give it to me and screached into my ear "we don't take cash , it never happened and slammed the phone in my ear" so I can not get her name and if I suggest looking at security tapes she slams the phone down to where it hurts my ear.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2012 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hertz/North-Clarendon-Vermont-05759/Hertz-Mary-she-will-not-tell-me-her-last-name-At-hertz-674-Quaker-Rd-queensbury-NY-12-952784. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hertz

The owner Bill Barret is a swindler

AUTHOR: Don''t want to be a victim again - (United States of America)

my fianc talked to the owner of  these branches, his name is  bill Barret  at 1002 Airport Road, North Clarendon, Vermont, and he owns
96 airport Rd in saranac lake new York and also 674 Quaker Rd queensbury NY you would think he would care about customer service but he tells my fianc  "so go sue me " i figured a defiant egomaniac like that is some young strong guy but i saw a picture of  bill barret  on google and he's elderly, you would think he'd have some sense at his age. No just pure greed and lies.