Complaint Review: Hester Entertainment

• Reported By: jcnspecv — United States of America
Hester Entertainment

Hester Entertainment Ordered Xbox360 and Kinect from Sears.com, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Sears Cares

I too put in an order for a Xbox360 with Kinect bundle on the Sears.com website.  When I ordered, I did not realize that I was dealing with a third party seller.  I have placed orders with Sears online in the past and have never had any problems and did not expect to have problems this time.  The XBox360 with Kinect bundle was intended to be a present.

When I did not receive my order between 4/20 and 4/22, I called Sears on 4/22/11, contacted Sears online Chat on 4/23/11 and spoke to 4 Sears customer support reps on 4/25 as well as 1 Sears online Chat rep also on 4/25.  I have gotten the run around in regards to what Sears will do.  Since Sears already accepted my credit card for payment and billed my credit card, I believe Sears should be contacting the 3rd party seller instead of me.

I was told pretty much the same thing by all the representatives:

1. I need to email Hester Entertainment myself.

2. I need to call the Hester Entertainment myself.

3. If I get no response, I may THEN contact Sears to assist in a resolution.

4. Sears will then email the seller and I must wait 5 to 7 business days.

The Sears customer support for the Sears.com side has been terrible.  These are some of the lowlights of the ordeal I had to go through with Sears:

1. I was told by the Sears Rep that I will be connected directly to the seller via phone call.  I specifically asked what would happen if no one picks up, since I already called and the telephone company said the person is not available.  The Sears Rep said she would stay on the line with me.  I ended up getting disconnected and had to call back.

2. I asked a question to the Sears Rep and she was unable to answer me.  I asked to talk to a supervisor and the Sears Rep said that what she told me is what the Supervisor will say and wouldn't transfer me to a supervisor.  I ended up getting disconnected by the Sears Rep and I had to call back.

So, I have already tried to contact the third party seller to no avail.  I have contacted Sears numerous times and right now, I am waiting for a call back from a customer service rep that is taking this case on even though she does not work in the Sears online sales side.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2011 12:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hester-Entertainment/internet/Hester-Entertainment-Ordered-Xbox360-and-Kinect-from-Searscom-Internet-722231. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hester Entertainment

Sears Cares

AUTHOR: Searscares - (U.S.A.)

To jcnspecv,

I saw this post and I wanted to apologizefor all the difficulties you have experienced with the purchase of your Xbox Kinect.   From your post I can see that it has been a great source of frustration for you.  Often with online orders placed through marketplace vendors like Hester Entertainment, Sears does not have the ability to track shipments; however, we do have other resources and we would like to help resolve this matter.  My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team.   We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns and we want to make sure that everything that can be done is being done on your behalf.

At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so we can assist you in a timely manner. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the Xbox Kinect was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (jcnspecv) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Laura D.