Complaint Review: Hesters Wrecker Service

• Submitted: Mon, August 20, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, June 12, 2012

• Reported By:Mesquite Texas
Hesters Wrecker Service
1341 Tripp Rd Mesquite, Texas U.S.A.

Hesters Wrecker Service Very unsatisfactory experience with Hesters Wrecker Service Ripoff Mesquite Texas

*Consumer Comment: comments

*Consumer Comment: I know this was long time ago but here is what my company would of done!

*Consumer Comment: Hester's is a good company.

*Consumer Comment: live and learn

On July 29, 2007 one of my vehicles had a major mechanical failure in Royse City, Texas. We contacted Hesters Wrecker Service in Mesquite, Texas to recover the vehicle and tow it to a repair facility in Mesquite, Texas. The cargo area of our vehicle was loaded with material which we had been contracted to transport away from a customers location. After contacting Hesters Wrecker Service the driver of our vehicle left the vehicle, (and cargo), and arranged for other transportation to Mesquite. We made the reasonable assumption that Hesters would recover our vehicle, (including the cargo), and tow the vehicle to Mesquite as requested. On July 30 we discovered that our vehicle had been towed to the requested location in Mesquite, however, almost all of the cargo was missing.

We contacted Hesters Wrecker Service and asked them if they could explain why our cargo was missing and Hesters informed us that the driver of the tow vehicle had removed our cargo at the breakdown location prior to towing our vehicle. They stated that, (in the opinion of the tow truck driver), the cargo was "too heavy". So, Hesters tow trucks are not capable of towing a few hundred extra pounds in addition to the broke down vehicle? Is there ANY excuse for dumping valuable cargo, (that load was worth several hundred dollars to our company), on the ground without even contacting the owner of the vehicle? And, even if the cargo did, indeed, exceed the weight limit of the tow truck, a reasonable course of action would have been to contact the owner of the vehicle and / or dispatch another tow truck which WAS capable of towing both the vehicle AND the cargo. Our written complaints to Hesters Wrecker Service have not been answered.

David
Mesquite, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2007 07:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hesters-Wrecker-Service/Mesquite-Texas-75442/Hesters-Wrecker-Service-Very-unsatisfactory-experience-with-Hesters-Wrecker-Service-Ripoff-268742. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hesters Wrecker Service

comments

AUTHOR: fred - (USA)

i am also in the towing industry, all wrecker companies are always under the assumption of others. We tow private,accounts and police agencys and run an impound. Obviously this is a good moral company or there would be tons of rip offs reported. towing services are hardly ever easy ,cut and dry, hook up and goes. due to misinformation on the callers behalf....wrecker drivers go unapreciated and unnoticed most of the time..they work in all weather conditions and situations day and night...ant the equipment called out to a police scene (turnover) is usually deligated by the police department and how fast too open the lanes of traffic...so they comment about the money is rude..if you dont know the details of the situation...dont past judgment...fees are regulated by the police agencies we tow and impound for. i have dont some work for hesters and have never had a problem with employees,prices or equipment....i would say they are an upstanding company from my point of view and would not hold a police contract if otherwise.....just saying

I know this was long time ago but here is what my company would of done!

AUTHOR: Daniel Galvan DBA/ Madd Max Auto Re - (USA)

I own a tow truck company and I would never allow my drive to do that. His job is to transport all of it and if that meant he had to call another one of my trucks and help load it on another one well that is his job we will charge extra but the vehicle and its load would of made it to where they asked us to take it.

So that company did not do what they promised to do and should not of charged what they charged so if someone wants to leave there vehicle then they can if the situation is not a good one and if the cargo was $1.00 or $100,000.00 it does not matter we do not know how much it cost so as I tell my drivers if there is a problem with loading one of calls they need to contact me and let me know and I will decided if we can pick it up or not.

That is what a good two truck company would do!

Hester's is a good company.

AUTHOR: Bill Brady - (U.S.A.)

I have used Hester's Wrecker Service many times for both my business and personal vehicles. The drivers are experienced and the equipment is kept in good shape.

The wrecker driver obviously felt the load was a danger to be transported on the roadway. If not, he would not have taken the extra time and effort to unload the cargo in the first place. Most wrecker drivers want to limit their time on the side of a freeway so they don't become road kill. From the complaint that was filed, it sounds like the cargo on the broken down vehicle was nothing but a load of junk that was probably cleaned out from a vacated business. If the wrecker driver sees a load that is not properly secured or otherwise is not safe to transport, he shouldn't transport it. The wrecker driver, not the owner of the cargo receives the citation for carrying an unsafe load.

Also, if the cargo was so valuable, why did you have your driver leave the scene before the wrecker arrived? The location of the breakdown was less than an hour away from Mesquite, TX.

live and learn

AUTHOR: Lucky - (U.S.A.)

you probably wont get an answer, not one you like anyway. but yes a decent tandem wrecker can tow your loaded truck and trailer. i've seen (on the news, so its a fact) hesters send 2 large wreckers and a medium duty to an overturned 18 wheeler...and empty flatbed to top it off, upright, seperate and who knows what else...when one wrecker could easily do that...sometimes its all about the money, but in some cases, maybe the operator just dont know what he's doing...?