Complaint Review: Hewlet Packaard

• Updated: Mon, October 01, 2012

• Reported By: SJOHNSTON — San Diego California United States of America
Hewlet Packaard

Hewlet Packaard HP / Compaq Does not Honor Warrenty on Laptops Internet

My customer has a HP Pavilion G series laptop.  I check online to determine if the laptop was still under warranty.  It was covered till 12/2012.  I call the suport center to explain the problem and they backed me into a corner as to how did the problem occur?  I could not get any support until I explained the circumstance (which was only a small conversataion with my customer because the unit was under warranty) about how the laptop may have gotten damaged.

Since I expalined that the customer may have gotten up off hewr bed and with the laptop on her lap it may have fallen onto the bed where she was sitting.  In doing so I believe that the power cord adapter that is plugged into the "laptop" sticks out was bent or damaged, I have seen this many time in designs of laptops.  In most cases I can get a new motherboard and replace it to keep my customer happy.  They explained that becasue it was dropped the warranty is void and that the warrantly only cover parts that are not working beacuse of manufacture problems.  I explained that htis a Manaufacutre problem and that the engineers at HP have a design flaw and that they should repair this laptop.  At this point they were very rude and would not consider covering a damaged product beacsue it may have been dropped (What they call abuse)  Why do we call it a laptop?

I would expect that they offer a manufacutre warranty for 1 year they should not question the situtation.  I support many different customers and will never recomend a HP product to anyone.

Bottom line her is the Power Adapter sticks out and if there is any pressure put on this extension it could damage the mother board and then the system will not work.  PLEASE BE CAREFULL WHEN TALKING TO ANY SUPPORT PERSON ABOUT THE PROBLEM AND HOW IT MAY HAVE BEEN CREATED.  I WAS HONEST AND OIPEN ABOUT THE SITUATION BUT HP HAS NO CONCERN IN KEEPING THEIR CUSTOMERS HAPPY.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2012 04:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hewlet-Packaard/internet/Hewlet-Packaard-HP-Compaq-Does-not-Honor-Warrenty-on-Laptops-Internet-949298. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hewlet Packaard