Complaint Review: Hewlet Packard, HP

• Submitted: Sat, June 12, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, June 12, 2010

• Reported By: sunnyadvisor — houston Texas United States of America
Hewlet Packard, HP

Hewlet Packard, HP HP Hewlett Packard Ripped Me Off with bad product and bad service! Internet

So here is the story. I purchased this HP laptop computer( HP G60-237 NR) from Radio Shack for about $600 after hearing good things about it. I used it probably for personal and business half, half. For the most part it was ok, but would sometime freeze up. Nothing really to worry about. Exactly 1 year and 20 days as of today (yes that means 20 days out of the manufacturing warranty) it completely dies. I purchased the extended warranty plan and guess what I was told when I called HP on my plan? I need to spend $398 to send it in for repair!With that money I might as well buy another laptop that doesnt die after a year! This is with the extended warranty plan. On top of that I looked at my credit card statement and they overcharged me for my extended warranty plan ($117 instead of $99!) Talk about adding insult to injury. It was sad to see the the way they treated me like this because I had such respect for this company, but I guess actions speak louder than words, obviously!!!! I find this to be unacceptable for HP to not attempt to do anything about this and I hope my experience helps in any way for others not to suffer the way that I did!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2010 05:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hewlet-Packard-HP/internet/Hewlet-Packard-HP-HP-Hewlett-Packard-Ripped-Me-Off-with-bad-product-and-bad-service-Int-613582. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hewlet Packard, HP