Complaint Review: Hewlet Packard

• Updated: Sat, August 10, 2013

• Reported By: WantMyRight — Las Vegas Nevada
Hewlet Packard
, Select State/Province USA

Hewlet Packard HP HP Printers programmed to fail after a certsain time Palo Alto California

*Author of original report: Update: Called HP

I Used to be a huge fan of HP printers in the 1990's and early 2000's, as their quality used be be better than that of the competition. But since the late 2000's I'm always running into the same problems, - Printer problems that start right after 2 years.

I have a small home office and a business office, and I am using the HP 6500 and 8500 series at home and work. I always get the Office Depot 24-month warranty, and always for 24 months there is no problem. But in months 25 or 26, the problems begin:

Aligning Issue: my 6500 series printers must align their cartridges several times a day, using up the expensive ink for printing light and heavy blocks all over the page. That way, I'm wasting so much ink a day. Cancelling the alignment doesn't work either. It stops of course, but prior to resuming printing, I need to initiate a new alignment.

In addition to that, the printer sporadically does not print at all, and just shoots out white pages, but shows he completed the job.

I experienced similar problems with the 8500 series. I'm keeping one 8500 series around just because the scanning option works fine. But the 8500 series often has cartridge issues, where the cartridge is not moving any more. Conveniently these problems pop up just after the 2-year warranty ends.

On top of that, the printer refuses to print of one of the cartridges is empty, or appears to be empty. I print mostly B/W to save on cartridges, but even when a color cartridge is empty due to dry Vegas heat, the Black cartridge won't print in black, even if I selected black print, due to yellow or one of the other colors (I'm not using) being empty (by display).,

Of course you could say "Just get the 3-year warranty!". But you know the 3-year warranty is $39.99. and once you add that to the printer cost, it's just too expensive.

And the bad part about it is: when it's time to get a new one, I still have a full, or almost full cartridge in there, that I can not use with the new model.

Today is the day where my 6500 home series drives me crazy again, and I'll either toss it in the garbage where it belongs, or sell it on Ebay for $1.50.

Either way, it's time for another printer (at least one for today), and trust me, it's not going to be an HP!

With me owning 5 HP 6500 and 8500 series Printers right now, I do know what I'm talking about. And although I can't prove it, I assume, or it appears to me, that the printers are programmed to fail after a certain time.

Anybody having feedback on this, please, I want to hear it.  :)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2013 03:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hewlet-Packard/Select-StateProvince/Hewlet-Packard-HP-HP-Printers-programmed-to-fail-after-a-certsain-time-Palo-Alto-Californ-1074739. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hewlet Packard

Update: Called HP

AUTHOR: WantMyRight - ()

Called HP to resolve the issue. The problem can not be addressed unless I have all color cartridges replaced with new ones. Then I should call back, and then, may be, they can help me. But they say there is no info available on the 6500, as it is obsolete, and they really don't have any info for me. Except, Go and buy some more color cartridges, and fend for yourself. Thanks HP!  Another customer LOST!