symbols

• Updated: Tue, January 20, 2009

• Reported By:Livermore California
Hewlet Packard,
Nationwide U.S.A.

Hewlet Packard, HP installed incompatible motherboards. Fourth time said warranty is voided, liquid spill. Requested pictures 1/6/09. No pictures received. Palo Alto California

I purchased HP Pavilion Notebook PC DV9233CL. Had trouble with it from day one. Had to do restore numerous times. MS editor keeps record and said it failed 380 times.

July 2008, I returned notebook to HP. HP replaced defective motherboard etc. September returned it to HP again same problem. HP replaced motherboard etc.
November I returned it to HP, same problem. HP replaced with incompatible motherboard and other parts.

Hard drives did not properly fit in new casing. I called HP and was told by Manager Joel LaVerne, that these parts were different from the original ones but to try out the computer and if I had any more trouble they would replace it with a new computer.

December notebook failed again, same problem. This time HP said there was a liquid spill and warranty was voided. Two weeks ago HP Manager Sandy said he would send pictures of the spill. To date I have received no pictures and have not heard from Sandy. My notebook has not been returned to me.

I called several times last week and the week previous requesting to talk to Joel LaVerne. I was told he was on vacation but that Donna was now the person to speak to. I left two messages for Donna but was unable to contact her. I called back again and requested to speak to Joel Laverne and was told he no longer worked for the company.

Donna called January 19, and said she would send pictures. I requested my notebook be returned she said they could not return it until they took pictures. I asked where are the pictures they took two weeks ago? I got no response. I am still waiting for my computer and the pictues.

I believe they are waiting for their spill to dry before returning the notebook.

Iggy
Livermore, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2009 11:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hewlet-Packard/nationwide/Hewlet-Packard-HP-installed-incompatible-motherboards-Fourth-time-said-warranty-is-voide-414045. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hewlet Packard,