Complaint Review: Hewlett Packard 551

• Updated: Sun, December 20, 2009

• Reported By: Tony — Ridgecrest California United States of America
Hewlett Packard 551
5510 E Homes RD Internet United States of America

Hewlett Packard 551 I Was Ripped off by Hewlett Packard Computer sold me a Gseries Notebook defective and wont give me my money back Internet

*Consumer Comment: Questions

I was Ripped off bye Hewlett Packard Computers!!!! Ordered a Notebook to be built for me online.... they shipped it exactly 28 days later computer came up defective and they wont refund me of let me Upgrade...... only option they want to give me is.

Is repair defective Computer witch is completely unexceptable...... its like buying a new car and then having the trany go out and they want to fix only no give me a new

car!!!!! take back this lemon you sold me ..... one of the customer service reps told me over the phone that the Gseries Note books are Junk...... and they are getting lots of complaints and returns .... and they still are refusing to do anything to make me happy....... i paid almost a thousand dollors for this new note book and they ripped me off !!!!!! for my hard earned money please some one help!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2009 07:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hewlett-Packard-551/internet/Hewlett-Packard-551-I-Was-Ripped-off-by-Hewlett-Packard-Computer-sold-me-a-Gseries-Notebo-535477. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hewlett Packard 551

Questions

AUTHOR: The_phantom_poster - (U.S.A.)

Were you within your return period when the computer broke. If you are it is easy to send back for a refund or exchange. I have done it before. No problem. If you are outside of your return period then your only option is repair. This is pretty much standard practice across the industry. There are very few conditions, regardless of company, where a computer manufacturer will give you a refund on a unit when you are past the refund period. The rules are laid out in plain english black and white on the warranty you get in the box. Now when you call and place an order on the phone you don't have the written material in front of you, like you do if you order off the website or in a store, so it is your responsibility to ask questions.