Complaint Review: Hewlett-Packard Company

Hewlett-Packard Company
3000 Hanover Street Palo Alto, California United States of America

Hewlett-Packard Company HP Printer Drivers Palo Alto, California

*Consumer Comment: Free drivers for your printer

I purchased a HP Deskjet Printer 3950 about 6 years ago and used it on my Desktop computer. I printed or used at least 5 black and 3 color ink cartridges. I bought a laptop and hooked up the printer to the lap top with Win 7 OS. Windows did not have the driver.  I went on the web to hp.com and tried to find the driver for download. HP wanted to charge me support for the driver. I did not need their support I just needed to download the driver. when I tried google, a half dozen companies wanted to sell me applications that would download the exact driver. The average price asked was $30.

When you purchase a printer from a company it does not cost them anything to have several thousand old drivers in a database for download by the customer.This was the standard several years ago. The software does the work and there is no need for refusing me the driver unless I pay a support fee for a service I don't need. If this not a Rip-Off what is it?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2010 07:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hewlett-Packard-Company/Palo-Alto-California-94304-1185/Hewlett-Packard-Company-HP-Printer-Drivers-Palo-Alto-California-655584. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hewlett-Packard Company

Free drivers for your printer

AUTHOR: Vinco - (Canada)