Complaint Review: Hewlett-Packard Development Company

• Updated: Sat, July 19, 2014

• Reported By:riverbank California
Hewlett-Packard Development Company
Internet USA

Hewlett-Packard Development Company HP envy touchsmart 17 Notebook PC the smart ac adapter for this envy notebook is inadaquate, they give u a smaller smart ac adapter so u have to buy a higher capacity smart ac adapter. i bought it in sam's in vacaville ID

ON 5/19/14 I purchased a new hp envy touchsmart 17 notebook pc for $799.00 u.s. dollars.  also i was charged a $4. e-waste fee. plus tax.  i purchased it on a credit card so i am paying it on payments.  i picked hp because 2 years ago i had purchased my very first pc from hp and i was very happy with the tech. support.  i travel quite a bit to mexico and the mexican hp tech support were also very nice and good at solving the pc problem.  i was stressing on the price but this is my second computer and i feel a little computer smarter.  about 3 weeks after i purchased it a pop up started coming up quite a bit.

this pop up was from hp and it ended like this:  my computer can handle a reduced performance level smart ac adapter but resourse intensive tasks may cause your system not to perform at it's highest level with a smaller capacity smart ac adapter.  please connect a higher capacity smart ac adapter for full performance.  thank you for choosing an hp product.  after paying over $800.00 us dollars hp dosen't even supply the appropriate smart ac adapter.  i can not afford to pay more still but wait.  yesterday the 18th i was getting online and the screen started to do updates and said not to turn off the computer until the updates were done.

3 hours later it was the same so i called hp tech support.  i had to wait about 5 minutes and then leave my number so i could be called back because i was tired of waiting.  when hp finally called me back the technician said he could not help me with my screen problem and gave me the number for microsoft and it was not an 800 number.  when i was answered by a nice lady she did help me but she let me know that the next time i need help with my screen it would cost me $99.00 u.s. dollars for that month.

i can not believe that hp thinks that this is ok.  the computer should have it's entire 1 year full warranty on all its got.  how am i supposed to know what uses what and how am i supposed to pay for all these things that hp expects me to pay.  the young lady did let me know that since my envy is new i could buy a plan for all the year with microsoft for $149.00 u.s. dollars.  i have to eat.  it looks to me that hp has a nice scam supplying unappropriate smart ac adapters so we have to go buy a higher capacity smart ac adapter.  it just feels so wrong.  now that i have fallen in love with my envy i have to take it back.  can u help me with this?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2014 07:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hewlett-Packard-Development-Company/internet/Hewlett-Packard-Development-Company-HP-envy-touchsmart-17-Notebook-PC-the-smart-ac-adapte-1163337. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hewlett-Packard Development Company