Complaint Review: Hewlett Packard - Hp

• Submitted: Mon, April 06, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, April 06, 2009

• Reported By:Cali Other
Hewlett Packard - Hp
Hewlett-Packard Company, 3000 Hanover Street, Palo Alto, CA 94304-1185 USA Palo Alto, California U.S.A.

Hewlett Packard - Hp tx1000 turn on, wlan, wireless, nvidia, 6150 go, blank screen, Palo Alto California

I purchased an Hp Laptop about a year and a half. The model is HP Pavilion tx1219us Notebook PC. Three month ago, in december, the laptop start to have some problems.

The first one was that the wireless card wasn't recongnized by the Operative System; so I wasn't able to connect to wi fi networks. Afther that, the laptop stopped turning on. I shut it down and then, when I try to turn it on once again, there just appeared a blank screen and the system didn't boot

My warranty was given for a year, but the year has ended already. I contacted with support and I made everything they told me to do. At the end, they recommended me to take the laptop to the Hp Service.

I took it to the service. The diagnose was that there was a problem with the mother board. They told me that it was probably caused by an electrical discharge or something. They tested the wireless card and proved it was workinf just fine. They offer me the chance to repair the mother board by paying $800.000 (abour 350 U$). They took the laptop and "repair" it.

It was working for about 2 weeks. But then, the problem started all over again. The laptop stopped turning on and then the wireless card stopped being reconigzed. Rigth now I made an online search and I realized this is a common problem for many Hp users. My case is not the only case.

I paid for a really expensive laptop, and I paid for the reparation and it didn't worked. It seems like the diagnose was wrong. The problems is within the built in graphic card and chipset the nvidia 6150 GO, which is part of the laptop internal structure. The graphic card and chipset overheat and then, after the warranty has ended, it does fail and the problems start

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Hewlett-Packard - HP

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2009 10:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hewlett-Packard-Hp/Palo-Alto-California/Hewlett-Packard-Hp-tx1000-turn-on-wlan-wireless-nvidia-6150-go-blank-screen-Palo-A-441153. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hewlett Packard - Hp