Complaint Review: Hewlett Packard company

• Updated: Sat, April 17, 2010

• Reported By: Olga — STRONGSVILLE Ohio United States of America
Hewlett Packard company
3000 Hanover Street, Palo Alto, California United States of America

Hewlett Packard company Mark Hurd, Chairman of the Board, CEO & President of Hewlett Packard Sold me a lemon computer and refused to give me a new computer that is not defective. Palo Alto, California

November 18, 2007, I purchased an HP Vista Home Premium, HP Pavilion a6257c PC & Lexmark Printer (package deal) for $1129.89.  Within a few months, I was having performance problems, closing down on its own, than difficulty restarting.  I tried the recovery disk and reloaded per instructions.  Finally, I could not get the computer to turn on & open Windows.
I called COSTCO (had to go through them to get to HP service) and they sent out a certified HP repairperson who stayed at my home for 5 1/2 hrs and could not find the problem.

I was instructed to send the computer tower to HP Repair Center, 2800 W. Story Rd., Irving, TX 75038.  The invoice date is May 20, 2008 (PUE54501).  The invoice showed the Modem and Motherboard were replaced.
Shortly after the tower was returned, I again started to have problems with performance similar to what happened before + the computer would sign off on its own. I called COSTCO who told me that was due to the security on my computer and it was for my protection.

Again, the computer began to read disk error and I used the recover disk several times to fix the problem.  Then it stopped working with disk error reading.
Now it was out of warranty, so I took it to EMC Computers, 15168 East Bagley Road, Middleburg Hts., Ohio, 44130 (440-888-8118).  They told me that the motherboard was bad again and probably the processor.  This would cost almost as much to fix as to purchase a new tower.

I have also found out that in the computer world, the word is that this model is being seen in repair shops more than other computers and that HP manufactures inferior insides for their computers.  These experts do not recommend buying any HP computer.
Another insult was when I call HP service to ask a question, I would not get an answer unless I gave them a credit card number so they could bill me for a question.

So, I wrote a letter to Mark Hurd asked for a new tower since the one I purchased is a LEMON.  He turned my request over to his customer service people who basically told me "too bad" your computer is out of warranty and we cannot do anything for you.
In 2009, Mark Hurd made over 24 million dollars.  This means that what I paid for this computer is pocket change for him.
This experience shows me that HP makes an inferior product and they do not stand by it and their customers mean nothing to them.
Even though I have lost great confidence in HP Products, I want what I paid for, a reliable computer.  So either give me a new working computer or give me the money for an (((competitor's name redacted))) - I hear from experts in the field, they make a reliable computer and have great customer service.
Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2010 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hewlett-Packard-company/Palo-Alto-California-94304-1185/Hewlett-Packard-company-Mark-Hurd-Chairman-of-the-Board-CEO-President-of-Hewlett-Packa-594111. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hewlett Packard company