Complaint Review: Hewlett-Packard

• Submitted: Sat, June 21, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, June 25, 2008

• Reported By:San Jose California
Hewlett-Packard
3000 Hanover Street Palo Alto, California U.S.A.

HP Hewlett-Packard Annoying notebook service Palo Alto California

*Author of original report: update

My Pavillion notebook stopped working on 25th of April 2008 I Called HP customer service for a service of the notebook and they picked my notebook and later gave me an estimated date of 7th may hence, I planned accordingly, I would be able to do by 9th of may a project submission. - I am a student.

I had not received the notebook by 7th of may hence I called them to find put, why I had not received it, when they said again that my estimated date was 14th, annoyed as all my plans got scrambled, I requested the notebook be returned the very next day with out any repair being done as I needed it badly.

I was told - it was their policy that they would not return it without being repaired and that too not any time before 14th may 2008, I asked them to return it without being repaired if they could send it to me before or on 9th may or else they can keep it to complete the repair.

I do not receive the notebook until 15th may and when I receive to my annoyment it was not fixed! I called them the very same day to schedule a pick up, but they sent the shipment box to the wrong address, I kept on calling every alternate day for a pick-up, the seventh time I called them did I receive a pick-up box on 28th of May 2008, and they claim to have received the notebook on 2 June.

Now they give me an estimted date of 15th June which is later postponed to 26th June and again postponed to July 1st 2008, I have not been using my notebook from 2 months now!

I have undergone immense discomfort, I had planned to write a certification Exam on July 10th I am unable to prepare for this exam due to unavailability of by notebook!

I speak to the manager of the customer care and he simply shrugs off saying he would not be able to help me in any way.

I was many times on phone for more than 1 hour, once when I had called no one were able to answer my query as to why I was not receiving a box for pick-up of my notebook and they forward my call one after the other for four times saying the higher executive would be able to help me actually they were just forwarding the call to their co-worker. My call was routed to the same person who spoke to me the first in the forwarding procedure, I spent almost 45 mins on the fone then, it was so frustrating I was unable to do anything right.

Naga
San Jose, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2008 02:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hewlett-Packard/Palo-Alto-California-94304-1185/HP-Hewlett-Packard-Annoying-notebook-service-Palo-Alto-California-342602. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hewlett-Packard

update

AUTHOR: Konda - (U.S.A.)

My Latest estimated date for the repair is 10th July 2008!!!