Complaint Review: Hewlett-Packard

• Updated: Wed, August 22, 2012

• Reported By: Andrea Boston — Seattle Washington United States of America
Hewlett-Packard
3000 Hanover Street Palo Alto, California United States of America

Hewlett-Packard New HP Pavilion Color Monitor explodes into fireball & burns my home down, & puts me in the hospital Palo Alto, California

I bought a new HP Pavilion computer system from Costco. In July of 2002 the 17 in Color Monitor exploded into a fireball and burned my apartment down. I was dragged out of the burning apartment by a stranger who saw the smoke billowing out of the windows. All my possessions were destroyed.

I contacted the Office of the President of HP and followed instructions on filing a claim for my uninsured goods, and 6 weeks of medical leave for burned lungs. HP's claims department fought me violently. Even though the King Co. fire inspector declared that the monitor had exploded, causing the fire. HP said it was my fault!!

I lost over 40K of goods, 6 weeks of work, was hospitalized after the ambulance arrived and my health has suffered since. All subsequent efforts, including faxing all photos & documentation to HP Sr have yielded nothing. This is a warning to others, HP products are a complete and total rip-off & are dangerous & defective.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2012 12:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hewlett-Packard/Palo-Alto-California-94304-1185/Hewlett-Packard-New-HP-Pavilion-Color-Monitor-explodes-into-fireball-burns-my-home-down-930985. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hewlett-Packard