Complaint Review: Hewlett-Packard

• Submitted: Mon, May 18, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, July 12, 2012

• Reported By:tempe Arizona
3000 Hanover Street Palo Alto, California United States of America

Hewlett-Packard Was sold a known by HP to be a defective Laptop with thousands of people looking for answers. Palo Alto California

The Problem

The nice looking HP TX1000 worked fine for one year and a half (which translates to a little over 100 uses) until it suddenly died today, with no previous symptoms, it will no longer boot up, it powers up, lights turn on but the screen stays blank.

Because of such a sudden and unexpected failure, the first thing that came to my mind was a motherboard problem. I couldn't believe it myself, so I quickly started troubleshooting it No beeps, battery works fine, it does the same with or with out memory or DVD drive, etc it quickly came down to 2 things, the processor or the motherboard. Per my experience, CPU symptoms tend to be different, so I was sure it was a motherboard problem.

I was starting to get really f***ing pissed irritated, because I knew that the warranty had just expired, but I also knew that this wasn't a user caused problem, so I went online to see if others were having similar issues 2 minutes later and WOW!, I found that thousands of HP laptops are having THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM! This problem seems to affect the entire HP Pavillion TX1000 family and other models.

If you have owned this laptop (or similar), you know that no matter what cooling pad you use it still gets really hot. Well, that's the problem, it seems that the defective Nvidia chipset is overheating and after some time (ironically shortly after warranty expires) it dies, rendering the laptop unusable.

Everybody needs to understand that *this defect is not caused by the user*, this is a component design flaw. I recommend that we all push for HP to either replace this product or refund us, It's NOT o.k. for 1000's of laptops to die a few months after their warranties expire.

Read what others are saying

Computerarmy tempe, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2009 04:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hewlett-Packard/Palo-Alto-California-94304-1185/Hewlett-Packard-Was-sold-a-known-by-HP-to-be-a-defective-Laptop-with-thousands-of-people-l-453086. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hewlett-Packard