reflects

• Submitted: Sat, May 27, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, May 27, 2006

• Reported By:Seguin Texas
Hewlett Packard
3000 Hanover Street Palo Alto, California U.S.A.

Hewlett Packard ripoff Bad products Palo Alto California

My wife purchased a Hewlett Packard laptop from Best Buy. About two months later it would not turn on. We called HP and they had us send it back.

A couple of months later we had it back. They said it had a bad power supply. This, they told us was a common problem and they fixed it so we would not have the problem again. Well, a month later, it happened again.
We sent the laptop back and waited. After not hearing anything for a while, my wife called them and was told they replaced the mother board, and we owe them $1000! It took an hour of arguing and transfers from one person to another to get this straightened out.

When we got the computer back, it only lasted another month. My wife called and told them she wants a new computer. This thing is a lemon. They agreed to replace it but not with a new one. We are to receive a refurbished computer which is really better than a new one because it is more thoroughly tested. We were not happy.

When the refurbed laptop arrived, I noticed right away that something was not right. It saw slow. It was VERY slow. It also showed Compaq during boot up instead of Hewlett Packard. I know that is very minor, but it makes me question their testing, since it was not noticed.

HP asked us to send this computer back and they would fix it.

When we got it back, it was still just as slow. We did nothing for a couple of months. We were sick of dealing with them. Then, I sent an email to the CEO of Hewlett Packard explaining what we had been through. I told him how disgusted I am with their products, and I described an HP Cd Rom that did not last more than a year, and an HP printer that was bad out of the box, and the fact the sales rep at Best Buy told me they are getting a LOT of printer returns for the same problem I had.

A few days later, I received a call from Hewlett Packard, offering me a brand new Laptop. I graciously accepted. The new machine is fast. It works great except for one thing. The sound sometime becomes garbled. This happens randomly under any application or game. I have decided to just live with this. I do not want to go through any more of this crap.
Out of the first year of ownership, we actually possessed the computer about 4 or 5 months. Hewlett Packard had it the rest of the time.

David
Seguin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2006 06:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hewlett-Packard/Palo-Alto-California-94304-1185/Hewlett-Packard-ripoff-Bad-products-Palo-Alto-California-193600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hewlett Packard