Complaint Review: Hewlett Packard

• Reported By: JayBenjamin — Jamestown North Carolina United States of America
Hewlett Packard
3000 Hanover St Palo Alto, California United States of America

Hewlett Packard HP warranty, repair, lie, cheat Palo Alto, California

4-4-12 - I sent in a receipt and called in about my complaint. They approved the warranty, & sent a box. I sent it to them right away- as soon as the box came in the mail. I was told it would take about 2-4 weeks. A month later, they called saying a part they needed was on back order. They then called me again after 3 weeks saying that it still wasn't in and to wait another 3 weeks. I asked to speak to a supervisor- it didn't get me anywhere- the supervisor was more interested in the shop that sold me the laptop than caring about my problems. He was supposed to call me back, and he did- after another 30 days. I had recieved a phone call a few days before his call saying the part still wasn't in. a few days later, the supervisor calls and says he checked with some department and they said they can't do anything and that they are sending my laptop back. 74 days- all to find out that HP wasn't going to honor their warranty.

Resolution Sought: I want a replacement laptop or the money I paid to go toward a similar laptop or a tablet. This is terrible service.
Date Problem Started: 4/4/2012
Date of Transaction: 4/4/2012
Amount in Dispute: $0.00
Invoice Number: 8058476825
Complaint Type: Repair Issues
Product or Service:

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2012 03:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hewlett-Packard/Palo-Alto-California-94304/Hewlett-Packard-HP-warranty-repair-lie-cheat-Palo-Alto-California-898635. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hewlett Packard