Complaint Review: Hewlett Packard

• Submitted: Tue, June 02, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, July 17, 2009

• Reported By:Brooklyn New York
Hewlett Packard
3000 Hanover Street Palo Alto, California U.S.A.

Hewlett Packard Hardware Problems, still under warranty and they don't want to take ownership. Palo Alto California

*UPDATE Employee: HP has an overseas military support team

I Bought a HP Pavilion Dv5 on October of 2008. Witch I still have warranty on it.

Now I encounter a hardware problem on witch I reported to HP, But they been bouncing e-mails with me to do so many things on witch I did and the wore of all is that I work on a Military base on Afghanistan. We are on a war zone...

I keep telling them to gave me an address where to send my laptop and I will pay for the shipping also a return pre paid package so they can send it back to me.

Keep getting e-mails from different technicians and they all are telling me to do almost the samething over an over. Each e-mail has included a ticket number on witch is the same on all of them, that's means that all the technicians knows what's my problem is. The wore of all, probably they spec every customer to know as well as a technician.

Every time I ask them a question on my e-mails, they never answered them. What they do is keep apologizing for the trouble I been having and that they will take ownership of the situation and that they will warranty my satisfaction.

Waltter
Brooklyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2009 12:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hewlett-Packard/Palo-Alto-California-94304/Hewlett-Packard-Hardware-Problems-still-under-warranty-and-they-dont-want-to-take-owners-457743. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hewlett Packard

HP has an overseas military support team

AUTHOR: Springfish - (U.S.A.)

Walter,

I really do apologize for the problems you've had.

Do you have any way to call HP's support number? (1-800-474-6836) I know it's not easy when you're on an overseas base. If not by normal telephone, there's probably someone on base who has Skype internet telephone running on their computer.

If so, please call and request to be transferred to the overseas military department, extension 900. HP takes great pains to make sure that overseas military is well taken care of, and if you're in warranty as you said, they'll gladly troubleshoot or repair your notebook. HP's normal tech support, such as over the phone to consumer tech support, email, or online chat are not able to send a box to an APO/FPO, but the overseas military line can send them anywhere.

I'm not positive, but you may even be able to contact the overseas military department through chat or email if a phone is not an option.

Again, sorry for your trouble, Walter, but I hope this information helps.