Complaint Review: Hewlett Packard

• Submitted: Thu, April 26, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, April 26, 2012

• Reported By: Frank — Calhoun Georgia U.S.A.
Hewlett Packard
300 Hanover St. Palo Alto, California United States of America

Hewlett Packard Never stops trying to get into your pocket. Palo Alto, California

Hewlett Packard never stops trying to get money out of you, never.

My first business computer was a Hewlett Packard.  It was defective out of the box so I called support. It appeared to be a software issue.   After an hour on the phone, I was told I would have to send it in for repairs and those repairs would cost me more than half of what I paid for the computer, monitor and printer.  I took it to a local repair shop and it cost me $40.00.

I swore I would never buy another HP product

Well, comes a few years later and I needed a laptop.  Shopped around and found a Compaq that fit my needs and bought it.  Now there is a problem with the laptop.  I also found out too late that HP now owns Compaq!  Drat!  They do not put that information on the box or on the computer, only deep in the owners manual.

So, now I have a problem and called support.  I was on the phone more than an hour and there was no fix, only a sales pitch to buy their service for $180.00.  It is something that could be fixed over the internet but they won't do it without payment.  The computer is only 8 months old!  That should be under warranty.  No, they want money.  I guess they are not profitable (enough?) and are willing to sell defective product to get the repair business to goose their products.

I think for my next computer, I'll insist that the case be opened to see if I see any HP logos.  I'll also investigate the name on the box to see if HP owns it too. My final gripe is that both times, I was talking to somebody 8,000 miles away when we desperately need jobs here in America.  Both times I could barely understand them because of the heavy accents.

This is not customer service, it is customer abuse.  I'll not have any more of Hewlett Packard.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2012 06:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hewlett-Packard/Palo-Alto-California-94304/Hewlett-Packard-Never-stops-trying-to-get-into-your-pocket-Palo-Alto-California-874484. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hewlett Packard