Complaint Review: Hewlett Packard

• Updated: Thu, March 20, 2014

• Reported By: douglas boyer — Jonesboro Georgia
Hewlett Packard
Internet USA

Hewlett Packard Ask me to pay extra fee to cancel contract. Used my credit card for ID fraud.Internet

I purchased a lifetime contract for computer problems about Dec 2013 for approximately $500.00.  The only problem is that the individual did not leave a phoe number where he/she could be reached if I needed a problem fixed on my computer.   They only called me once a month to fix the computer.  I tried to cancel the contract and they told me that I had to pay more money to cancel.   I indicated to them, that I would keep the contract but not to call me anymore.   EVerytime they called me, it was from a different telephone number.  I have received at least 14 calls from 14 different numbers.   If I tried to call any one of those numbers they were not  in service any longer.  The last call I receivd the individual asked me to give my credit number so he could refund $400.00 back on my credit card for the refund.  I gave it to him like a dummy.  A couple of days later, my credit card company  called me and indicated to me that my account was compromised in the amount of at least $1000.00. I was not charged for this amount.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2014 09:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hewlett-Packard/internet/Hewlett-Packard-Ask-me-to-pay-extra-fee-to-cancel-contract-Used-my-credit-card-for-ID-fr-1132124. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hewlett Packard