Complaint Review: Hewlett-Packard

• Updated: Wed, March 07, 2012

• Reported By: Jayme — Internet South Africa
Hewlett-Packard
3000 Hanover Street Internet United States of America

Hewlett-Packard HP, Meg Whitman, Jeff Utigard Hewlett-Packard (HP) - Essentially criminals, Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Series of Unfortunate Events

Hewlett-Packard/ HP have the worst customer service out there. I purchased an HP Envy 14 in Dec 2011. My warranty was never activated and when I opened the laptop the screen had hundreds of dead pixels.

HP has no screens left (1600x900) and in addition to that have not activated my warranty. All they can offer is repair with a substandard screen for $300.

My emails to customer service, the HP CEO, the CRM Manager Jeff Utigard, the CEO contact form and The board of directors  have all been ignored - they are not interested.

My only option is to pay $300 to repair a brand new laptop under warranty and have it repaired it with a low resolution screen because HP sold all the radiance screens.

Customer service, executive customer service, the CEO and board all do not care. What kind of company is this?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2012 02:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hewlett-Packard/internet/Hewlett-Packard-HP-Meg-Whitman-Jeff-Utigard-Hewlett-Packard-HP-Essentially-criminals-849873. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hewlett-Packard

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Series of Unfortunate Events

AUTHOR: Jeff U - ()

My name is Jeff Utigard.  I was employed by the Hewlett-Packard Company for many years.  My last position was as an Executive Customer Relations Manager at the HP Corporate offices.  Durning this time, I handled hundreds of cases to a win win resolution with HP customers world wide.

From the appearance of this case, this particular customer did not accept a resolution provided by the HP manager involved in the case in South Africa, as cases which originate in foreign countries are resolved in those countries by the local HP presence and management.

It also appears that part of this customer's unhappiness exists regarding the back order status on a specific notebook computer screen.  Delays of this nature can be frustrating and unfortunate, but allowances and considerations are usually made to address and make  a customer happy with an alternative or other choice.

At this time I do not know the specifics of this customer's resolution but I am highly confident that HP South Africa made resaonable and professional offers to resolve and address this customer's issues and concerns.

I would humbly request that this posting be removed given the time that it took place and the lack of any update or further postings by the author.  I left HP in August of 2012 and I am currently pursuing another job.  Postings like this can be distracting to a potential employer who may be considering me for a position similar to the one that I held at HP for so many years.

Please do not hesitate to contact me regarding this request.

thanks very kindly,