Complaint Review: Hewlett Packard

• Reported By:detroit Michigan
Hewlett Packard
Internet U.S.A.

Hewlett Packard Poor quality printers that should be recalled Internet

I have purchased various HP printers over the years starting with the 4L and 5L models. I did have multi-feeding problems with those models but it didn't seem such a big deal at the time because I used them sparingly for personal use. I subsequently purchase several HP1100 models for my income tax business and model HP4500(color laser jet) for printing my advertising materials; this is when my horror story began.

During my busiest peek season I received a frantic call from my office explaining that customers were lined up from wall to wall and my staff could not print client's copies of forms and could not print forms that require the client's signature(my office is highly automated-all tax forms are printed from my computers). The HP printers were pulling multiple pages and kept jamming. To summarize the outcome of that day; I had to turn away over 30 clients that day(Over $4,000 in income).

To make matters worse, I attempted to use my two year old HP4500 in place of the HP1100; It jammed with a code 13.7(paper jam) and there was absolutely no paper inside of the printer. A HP certified repair person wanted to charge me over $500 to repair the HP4500 and over $80 each just to troubleshoot the HP1100s. Needless to say all four printers have been retired. Shame on you HP for manufactoring such poor quality products that should be recalled. Needless to say, I have become a big fan of Brothers, Lexmark and Xerox.

detroit, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2003 09:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hewlett-Packard/internet/Hewlett-Packard-Poor-quality-printers-that-should-be-recalled-Internet-70159. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hewlett Packard