Complaint Review: Hewlett Packard

• Submitted: Fri, May 25, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, May 25, 2012

• Reported By: No name — Shawno Wisconsin U.S.A.
Hewlett Packard

Hewlett Packard Warning................Warning...........Hewlett Packard printers will not allow you to refill cartridges or use remanufactured cartridges Internet

I recently purchased a Hewlett Packard Deskjet 1051 Printer.  This printer worked ok till I the ink indicator stated I was out of black ink.

I proceeded to refill my cartridge with ink.  When I put it in.  It displayed a message of being empty.

Now,  I can not buy cartridges at 25.00 each  and have them half full of ink.  There are class action lawsuits against printer manufacturers for filling their cartridges half full of ink.

After further investigating I found that this printer will only except HP offical 61xl cartridges.

Now,  any time a company create's their own little market where customers have to buy their product to continue using their printer. I simply won't buy their product.   I own that printer.  Thererore,  what I use for cartridges.  Whether refilled or remanufactured is my business.  Many products out there customers can buy aftermarket products.  I recently purchased an alternator and driveshaft for my car.  It did not come from Dodge.  I purchased it at a local auto parts store.
Both item work and installed perfectly.  The car did not shut down and not work.  Because I used parts not from Dodge.

So until HP changes this I will be on a boycott warpath.  I am asking people to boycott Helwlett Packard printers.  to buy their printer cartridges.  I go on the rampage.  I have written reviews all over the internet asking people to boycott HP printers.

What cartridge I use if remanufactured or refilled is my business.  This hogwash that HP is
trying to protect the customer by stopping the customer from using cartridges with cheap ink
or warranty concerns is nothing more then a sob story to justify putting firmware in this printer
that allows their offical HP cartridges in this printer.

I have written letters to the board of directors and executive management informing them that I will continue to broadcast the tactics used by HP.  This nothing more then corporate greed and stealing from their customers.

I personally will be Boycotting their products and will not purchase any of them

Boycott............Hewlett Packard Printers.........................Boycott Hewlett Packard Printers

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2012 05:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hewlett-Packard/internet/Hewlett-Packard-WarningWarningHewlett-Packard-printers-will-n-888412. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hewlett Packard