Complaint Review: Hewlett Packard

• Updated: Tue, May 18, 2010

• Reported By: Rick Earle — Keswick Ontario Canada
Hewlett Packard

Hewlett Packard sold me a piece of crap Internet

I purchased an HP laptop from Best Buy on Boxing Day in 2008. In April 2009, the computer stopped working and it was determined that the motherboard burnt out. This issue was repaired and returned by HP Technical Support. Several months later, the "P" key on the keyboard fell off. Again was repaired and returned.

March 2010, the computer again stopped working. I called Tech Support who had me complete a 1/2 an hour of tests on the laptop to determine the problem. The gentleman told me that the motherboard was fried again. I asked him if it was covered under warranty; I was informed that the warranty had expired and there was nothing he could do about it. I advised him that the laptop had the motherboard replaced previous to this and he said the part was covered under the original warranty and it would cost $400 to repair. The laptop origianlly cost around $700. I told him that it was either poor quality of components or poor design.

I have been on line looking at other issues with HP and mine is not an unusal story. It seems that HP does not stand behind it's products or customers. A computer that is under a year and a half should not have this problem. I would advise anyone who is looking at purchasing a laptop or desktop computer to avoid HP at all costs. They are not worth the money or the aggrevation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2010 09:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hewlett-Packard/internet/Hewlett-Packard-sold-me-a-piece-of-crap-Internet-604425. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hewlett Packard